The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So it has barely been 24 hours and I get thrown a decline right back on me! Seems rather strange, for a minute I started thinking that there must be an element of racism/politics involved, as silly as it sounds there surely cannot be anything wrong with my application. I have lost count of the number of people who approved it prior to sending it off. I look forward to an answer for this tomorrow.

Good luck to the rest of you anyway. :-(
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by MO2898
So it has barely been 24 hours and I get thrown a decline right back on me! Seems rather strange, for a minute I started thinking that there must be an element of racism/politics involved, as silly as it sounds there surely cannot be anything wrong with my application. I have lost count of the number of people who approved it prior to sending it off. I look forward to an answer for this tomorrow.

Why what were your grades and what did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Why what were your grades and what did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As per first post, same as their entry requirements basically (AAB). And they were predicted grades i.e. what I should receive on June 2015 exams.
Username: Jackamakka
Higher Results: AAAAB
UCAS Predicted Grades: AA (Adv H) & A (Higher)
Extras: Have a lot of in school extra-curriculars such as chairperson for Yearbook, library assistant, paired learner etc. as well as studying for Caritas award as well as teaching online
Applying for: Maths & Physics
Original post by MO2898
As per first post, same as their entry requirements basically (AAB). And they were predicted grades i.e. what I should receive on June 2015 exams.

I guess the extras don't really matter because the application isn't too strong due to the AS grades, they're equivalent to Scottish highers and they expect at least AAABB from those applicants so in comparison it isn't as good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MO2898

:frown: really sorry to hear that! Wish you all the best for your other choices though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I guess the extras don't really matter because the application isn't too strong due to the AS grades, they're equivalent to Scottish highers and they expect at least AAABB from those applicants so in comparison it isn't as good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too sure about that, 4 AS levels is the average number taken by English students and those studying for A levels in Scotland. A few take 5, some even take three it depends.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by rachelc142
:frown: really sorry to hear that! Wish you all the best for your other choices though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Rachel :smile:
Original post by MO2898
Thanks Rachel :smile:

:smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
:smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lancaster, Surrey, queen Mary and Edinburgh (which I'll probably change for somewhere else now). Haha

How about yourself? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MO2898
Not too sure about that, 4 AS levels is the average number taken by English students and those studying for A levels in Scotland. A few take 5, some even take three it depends.

Good luck with your other choices anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MO2898
Lancaster, Surrey, queen Mary and Edinburgh (which I'll probably change for somewhere else now). Haha

I applied for Edinburgh too :smile: I'm sure you will get an offer from them especially with the extra stuff you've done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I applied for Edinburgh too :smile: I'm sure you will get an offer from them especially with the extra stuff you've done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decision has been reversed! I have an offer now :biggrin:
Original post by MO2898
Decision has been reversed! I have an offer now :biggrin:

Fantastic! Very pleased for you :smile:
Reply 34
Username : mglen
Applying for: Computer Science

Any other CS applicants on here?
Applying for medicine.

I'm wondering what they'll do about the SJT this year.. I got a band 1 but I think everyone got a band 1....
Original post by user00000001
Applying for medicine.

I'm wondering what they'll do about the SJT this year.. I got a band 1 but I think everyone got a band 1....

Every uni has been told to completely discount it due to marking errors

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every uni has been told to completely discount it due to marking errors

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but is this precedented? Like, do we have any inkling as to how they will handle this? It's 10% of the application score at Edinburgh..
Original post by Kerrias
I'm also applying for psychology! :bl:! What other unis are you applying to? Is Glasgow your favourite?

i'm applying for psychology too!! is glasgow your top? i might go for king's though
Original post by mglen
Username : mglen
Applying for: Computer Science

Any other CS applicants on here?

Me! I'm applying for CS & Maths joint honours :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending