The Student Room Group
They go staright to McDonald's.

RIP future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its up to them, they can resit either at school or at college.
Reply 3
Original post by QuantumSuicide

RIP future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And even that's no guaranteed
They have the choice to redo them or to move on
Life is over mate! Life is over...
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
They repeat year11 at school or resit GCSE's at college or they do a BTEC, apprentiships or a vocational subject while retaking Maths&English Language GCSE (or more like GCSE science, if they want to, BUT everyone has to take Maths&English Language UNTIL they're 18 x)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QuantumSuicide

RIP future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by KittyRe-play
Life is over mate! Life is over...

No, your life isn't over if you fail your GCSEs. Apart from English and Maths, GCSEs are not important. I left school with 3 GCSEs (grades D-F) which I suppose can be viewed as failing. I knew I wanted to go to uni so I self-studied various qualifications at home and now I have a place at one of the UK's top universities. And that isn't unusual, many people for all sorts of reasons do badly in their GCSEs but go on to find success.

My school tried to force me to do BTECs because they believed I was incapable of studying academic subjects. If you do fail your GCSEs, don't just assume BTECs are your only option - if you want to do A levels, do them, even if it means leaving school.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Samual
No, your life isn't over if you fail your GCSEs. Apart from English and Maths, GCSEs are not important. I left school with 3 GCSEs (grades D-F) which I suppose can be viewed as failing. I knew I wanted to go to uni so I self-studied various qualifications at home and now I have a place at one of the UK's top universities. And that isn't unusual, many people for all sorts of reasons do badly in their GCSEs but go on to find success.

My school tried to force me to do BTECs because they believed I was incapable of studying academic subjects. If you do fail your GCSEs, don't just assume BTECs are your only option - if you want to do A levels, do them, even if it means leaving school.

Congrats!
Original post by Samual

A positive post! No doom and gloom! :eek:

Well done btw :wink:
Reply 11
Who picks up those kids that fail everything, the school won’t take them back and now they are just sitting at home doing nothing?

Latest