The Student Room Group

IB Higher English help

Hello I've just started the IBD and I'm organising my folder. I have no idea how to sort out my folder and where to put the dividers. I'm doing the pure literature course what do I do?
Original post by narnar_98
Hello I've just started the IBD and I'm organising my folder. I have no idea how to sort out my folder and where to put the dividers. I'm doing the pure literature course what do I do?

Hey,

I finished English Higher Level last year so hopefully I can help you. Assuming the course syllabus hasn't changed since last year, I would recommend you divide your content into your IOP things, your World Literature/Literature in Translation things, your IOC things, your Paper 1 work, your Paper 2 work and leave a space for any other things at the back (such as mock exams). In the section for your IOC work, you can break this down further into two parts: the discussion and the commentary.

Hope this helps :smile:
Hello!
I am currently in the process of doing my written tasks for IB Language and Literature. I needed some help and would be grateful to anyone who can offer it!
So far I have done a creative diary entry from Daisy's point of view(Great Gatsby) and I am told it is part 3.
However I just found out that since I am doing HL, I need to do a critical analysis also. Therefore if I am doing that then do I need to do a written task based on Part 1 and 2? Help!
Original post by anuvenkat10
Hello!
I am currently in the process of doing my written tasks for IB Language and Literature. I needed some help and would be grateful to anyone who can offer it!
So far I have done a creative diary entry from Daisy's point of view(Great Gatsby) and I am told it is part 3.
However I just found out that since I am doing HL, I need to do a critical analysis also. Therefore if I am doing that then do I need to do a written task based on Part 1 and 2? Help!

Well, it seems like you need more than just the tips and hints we give here. Have you tried asking here? They are good at answering these questions and helping you work through your English assignments. I was very happy with what they did for me, in my final year, so go ahead and tell them what you need, just use their contact form.
Original post by Alunzar
Hey,

I finished English Higher Level last year so hopefully I can help you. Assuming the course syllabus hasn't changed since last year, I would recommend you divide your content into your IOP things, your World Literature/Literature in Translation things, your IOC things, your Paper 1 work, your Paper 2 work and leave a space for any other things at the back (such as mock exams). In the section for your IOC work, you can break this down further into two parts: the discussion and the commentary.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hey, do you have any preparation tips for the IOC ? Mine's in about a month and I'm freaking out. :smile:
Original post by superduperweirdo
Hey, do you have any preparation tips for the IOC ? Mine's in about a month and I'm freaking out. :smile:

Lots of tips here in the news-section.

They will also give you lots of hands-on practice with feedback to get you ready for your own IOC. Whatever you do, don't leave it to the last minute though! The sooner the better. Here is their contact form. Tell them which works you are studying.

I promote them because they helped me ace my exams when I was let down by my teacher. They are IB tutors and examiners, so they know all the ins and outs of doing well. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending