The Student Room Group

Don't get drunk and barely drink at all. Been at uni for 11 days now AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juniorr
I'm not a big drinker either! I might have a couple of drinks out but have never been drunk and it has never been a problem for me. I've also been to all the fresher's activities and frequently go out to pubs casually with mates (although I don't take part in predrinking). Most people at uni don't even care/notice as long as you are fun to hang around with and I have never once been called a bore, in fact quite the opposite! Plus I think my friends appreciate having someone sober around on nights out!

Exactly!
character > alcohol :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by behindblueglass
In all fairness I wouldn't class myself as good looking, I'm about 5ft 3 and a little on the chunky side in real life. Plus I slightly edit my photos. But no you make a fair point I'm not a gargoyle!

I agree entirely that it can be down to a social state of mind. My mindset is I just do not give a flying monkeys what people think of me. I'm paying 9,000 to be here plus accommodation plus living expenses. So I refuse to do things that make me miserable. Overall I'm here to get a good degree and get a good job and drinking does not enhance this.

So far I've been swamped with my course currently doing about 19 hours a week including 3 field works where I was out from 9-5. I have been out to dinner with my flat, and chat to each member when I bump into them. I've cooked enchiladas for my flat and watch films/tv series with other members.

I feel like alcohol does not improve my social skills, my mind gets foggy and I lose a little bit of me that makes me quirky.

As for drugs and casual sex. I'm not into either of them like alcohol I assume drugs would not react well with me. I do have a long term boyfriend who is at the same uni so casual sex is not necessary, meaningful sex on the other hand appeals to me more :wink:

But no I agree, guys challenge the social stereotype, be exactly what you want to be, do whatever makes you comfortable. Sure go out and express yourself, but maybe exercise some self control. :biggrin:

Do me a favour, keep that attitude and go have fun for the next few years while making something of yourself, ok? Speaking from experience. :smile:
Original post by Riku
Do me a favour, keep that attitude and go have fun for the next few years while making something of yourself, ok? Speaking from experience. :smile:

will do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest