The Student Room Group

Audiology - Sept 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by alevelstudent01
Hi, i would just like to ask you about the fitness to practise process. Was your gp contacted by the universities or did the gp have to fill in any form? Also, is there any way for them to check your medical records and do they request to see anything? What year did you apply for audiology/start and what uni do you to?
Thankyou

You seem really worried about them contacting your GP. As Bibliboo says, all the universities have a similar process that is led by the checks that hospitals require - and most of us go on on placement at hospitals in the first year. It is a pretty standard form - can't remember exactly what is on it, but it's not exhaustive or overly intrusive. They might have asked about allergies to latex or alcohol gel and whether you have skin problems that could be aggravated?

I am pretty sure that no-one can contact your GP for your details without your permission and I don't believe they even ask for this. Do make sure you are 100% honest in your answers. We have had it hammered into us that honesty and integrity are paramount from day 1 of the course. There are lots of medical conditions that might mean that you might need adaptations or not to do a certain procedure and that can be catered for, but if you are found to lie about anything (not that I'm suggesting you would), you can be slung off the course immediately and/or be unable to ever practice.

Do also register with a local GP once you start. You will need to see Occupational Health when you start to get necessary vaccinations and I'd had a certain amount of to-ing and fro-ing between occupational health and my GP over vaccinations.

btw I'm a first year at Southampton.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by prabskaur
Leeds are being quite tight with their admissions, that probs why they are taking so long. I got an interview for Middlesex on the 12th January, but its more of a tour and group discussion with a possible one-to-one interview at end, ill help you with questions if I can!

Hi, I have an interview on Monday. Do you know what questions they ask for Middlesex about audiology as well. What is the group discussion like? What was the one-to-one interview like, if you had one or remember?
Reply 142
Original post by FranIsAwesome
Hi, I have an interview on Monday. Do you know what questions they ask for Middlesex about audiology as well. What is the group discussion like? What was the one-to-one interview like, if you had one or remember?

Last year the format for group interview at Middlesex included various healthcare scenarios that you needed to discuss, Just need to speak up, give your thoughts and don't be afraid to change your mind or to disagree with the rest of the group - just say what you feel is right. There wasn't really anything to prepare, although I think most of us had read up on current issues. We didn't have 1-2-1 interviews last year.

Good luck with it!
Anyone done interview for audiology at Manchester uni?
Hi, has anyone received a reply from leeds yet?

Quick Reply

Latest