The Student Room Group

Freshers, how many times have you been home since you have started?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bittr n swt
Tell me how it makes you more of a man... what? You're 18 and cant afford to not see mummy and daddy for a week

Lol all u lot crying a river over it are a bunch of jokers

My parents both lost their parents before they were 21. As I see it, having parents is a blessing - having parents you like is a double blessing. I'm not going to throw that away for weeks on end based on some vague idea of 'independence'.

Original post by moment of truth
I have been home 3 out of 4 weekends so far.

What about you? :biggrin:

If you enjoy home, and you live close enough that it's feasible, go for it :smile:
Shut up its stupid to come home every week.

Stupid routine

oh my! Look at you showing off your manliness by telling me to shut up! I'm so scared really

:rolleyes:

Please reply properly or don't quote. You don't have any arguments to make so you reply with a shut up.

Original post by cupcakes87
independence and going back home to visit family are two separate things. what visiting home makes you less of a man? pfft! if anything it makes you more of a man!

PRSOM

couldn't agree more! It makes you more of a man! :biggrin:
Tell me how it makes you more of a man... what? You're 18 and cant afford to not see mummy and daddy for a week

Lol all u lot crying a river over it are a bunch of jokers

because you arent afraid to go back home! you can take advice from parents and find that they are there for you though change and helping you grow as a person! thats how! :rolleyes:

:facepalm: i think you have some growing up to do!
Original post by moutonfou
My parents both lost their parents before they were 21. As I see it, having parents is a blessing - having parents you like is a double blessing. I'm not going to throw that away for weeks on end based on some vague idea of 'independence'.

If you enjoy home, and you live close enough that it's feasible, go for it :smile:

Yeah, definitely :smile: Obviously as I get settled into uni I will go home less, but I don't really see anything wrong with going home a fair amount :smile:
Original post by cupcakes87
because you arent afraid to go back home! you can take advice from parents and find that they are there for you though change and helping you grow as a person! thats how! :rolleyes:

:facepalm: i think you have some growing up to do!

Lol what a bull**** response

I need to grow up coz I don't need my mum to help me to grow n **** lmfao

18, I'm an adult I don't need to run back home every week like you do. I'm.not afraid to go back home I just don't need to go back home. For what? I can Skype or call

Your argument is stupid and embarrassing.

Original post by Tennumbers
oh my! Look at you showing off your manliness by telling me to shut up! I'm so scared really

:rolleyes:

Please reply properly or don't quote. You don't have any arguments to make so you reply with a shut up.

PRSOM

couldn't agree more! It makes you more of a man! :biggrin:

Oh look you at you trying to 1 up me lol beta
f

What arguments did you have? It was stupid. You don't need to go home every week. University is about independence and if you can't deal with that then **** off
Quite envious of everyone who doesn't have to cross 200 miles of open sea to get home.
0, its like £40 return to my house
I've been calling and texting my parents though

18, I'm an adult I don't need to run back home every week like you do. I'm.not afraid to go back home I just don't need to go back home. For what? I can Skype or call

f

What arguments did you have? It was stupid. You don't need to go home every week. University is about independence and if you can't deal with that then **** off

Your acting like a douche
Original post by FATchristopher
Your acting like a douche

And I care what some random guy thinks because?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm obviously not a fresher haha. But in my very first year I went home for the weekend after a month... I don't think it's wise to get into the habit of going home every weekend as not only do you miss out, you become dependent on it and it takes longer to settle.

Second time round I don't remember going home at all in the first term, in fact I didn't even ring my mum until 2 weeks in...!

f

ha! no your response is a load of sh*t! insults cus you have no arguments! :rolleyes:

yes you do need to grow up if you cant see what parents are worth to some people!

i dont think OP or anyone has mentioned running back home! :sigh: you arent afraid good for you! you know why? because there is nothing to be afraid of!:congrats:

but oh silly me! it makes you less of a man so we should be afraid! :rolleyes:

going back home for some people is a sense of relaxation and security until one is fully settled! well thats what skype and calling are there for but they dont make up for being there in person! :rolleyes:

:lol: no mate! your response is daft and you are clearly not going to understand because if you do it will make you less of a man! *GASPS IN HORROR*

University is for education.. Yes an aspect of university is independence but that doesn't mean you can't visit your family back home every week!

If this is what independence makes you.. I'd rather not be your type of independent.. Better to be sane, not insult people and have manners :h:

And from both of us, good night! we cant be bothered to waste our logic and sense on a fake man! :kiss:

f

ha! no your response is a load of sh*t! insults cus you have no arguments! :rolleyes:

yes you do need to grow up if you cant see what parents are worth to some people!

i dont think OP or anyone has mentioned running back home! :sigh: you arent afraid good for you! you know why? because there is nothing to be afraid of!:congrats:

going back home for some people is a sense of relaxation and security until one is fully settled! well thats what skype and calling are there for but they dont make up for being there in person! :rolleyes:

:lol: no mate! your response is daft and you are clearly not going to understand because if you do it will make you less of a man! *GASPS IN HORROR*

University is for education.. Yes an aspect of university is independence but that doesn't mean you can't visit your family back home every week!

If this is what independence makes you.. I'd rather not be your type of independent.. Better to be sane, not insult people and have manners :h:

And from both of us, good night! we cant be bothered to waste our logic and sense on a fake man! :kiss:
Original post by Tennumbers

Loooooooool bait

Posted from TSR Mobile
And I care what some random guy thinks because?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair play
I go home every weekend as I have kept my job at home. I only live 30 minutes drive from my uni, so it's an easy journey. I don't really see much of my parents when I'm home to be honest: I go home on Friday night, work all day Saturday and all day Sunday, then go back to uni on Sunday after work.
It works for me. However, if I didn't have a job at home, I wouldn't be going home so often. Probably once a month. I'm not so bothered about not seeing my parents, it's my little brother who I miss the most :smile:
not once. Though that is because it would be pretty much impossible for me to do so. I I had the option I probably would have been back once.
Shut up its stupid to come home every week.

Stupid routine

Great logic.
Original post by RHCPfan
Batman and joker not seeing eye to eye :biggrin:

One of the first times someones used my username in a joke apart from 'you really are a joker' :smile:
Original post by Demon1
Actually I agree with bitter sweet. He's right. People who run back home are mummy's boys/daddy's girl types that need hand holding and constant validation from their parents.

Why is it 'running home for validation' rather than returning to see the people who raised you, because you love them? I'd spent 19 years of my life with my family, and to a large extent they devoted those 19 years to me. Our lives are now intertwined. I miss them, they miss me. They get lonely. So I go see them. They're a big part of my life and I hope they remain so. 30 years later when people's parents die, I won't have any regrets about spending weekends to go see them and staying close, but I bet some of the people with your attitude will have them.
Nonetheless, if you're not that close with family and don't want to see them that's your right. But there's no need to insult those that do for loving their parents and wanting to see them.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think it's a bit weird going home every weekend during the first month of your first year of uni, but each to their own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending