The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York offer holders (2015) :-)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wendlabergmann
Could you tell us about the colleges? Which of them would you say is the prettiest?

Hi :smile:
Personally (although I may be biased, I live there) I would say that the new Hes East campus is prettiest, the oldest buildings are only 6 years old and we have loads of green space/bunny rabbits/benches/bbqs etc that apparently everyone uses when it's warm (if that ever happens here!). It's also not as out of the way as you might think over here, so if it's pretty you want I'd definitely recommend choosing Hes East.
Over on Hes West, from what I've seen Alcuin and James are probably nicest, with similar bbqs etc to what we have, however I believe the buildings are a bit older.
Hope this helps a bit :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 41
Original post by hz780
When did you send off your application?

7th october
Reply 42
Original post by jonnycope7
Got my AAB offer for Biomedical Sciences (with a year in industry) last Thursday! So happy, it's my first choice! :smile:

Hii!

I got an offer for BioMed too! AAB :smile:
Did you have to apply separately for the year in industry? Whats the UCAS code?

Thanks and congrats :biggrin:
Original post by haappy17
Hii!

I got an offer for BioMed too! AAB :smile:
Did you have to apply separately for the year in industry? Whats the UCAS code?

Thanks and congrats :biggrin:

I applied to the year in industry course via ucas (seperate code) but I'm pretty sure you can just say you want to do the year in industry when you go after your order year, that's the impression I got.

Congrats on the offer though :smile: may end up seeing you at uni!
So who here wants to put York as their firm? :h:
I sent my application off yesterday lunchtime for BSc Film and Television Production and got an invite to an interview this morning!
Sent off application on 14th Oct and had an offer today for history and politics (AAA) :biggrin:
Original post by Peaches and Cream
So who here wants to put York as their firm? :h:

It'll probably be my firm - I loved it on the open day :smile: What have you applied/had an offer for?
Got an offer a week or two ago for History with Study Abroad (AAA) at York :h:
Original post by MPKent8934
It'll probably be my firm - I loved it on the open day :smile: What have you applied/had an offer for?

I fell in love with it too :love: I got an offer for Biochemistry with a Year in Europe on Monday. What about you? :h:

Original post by scavi2008
Got an offer a week or two ago for History with Study Abroad (AAA) at York

Congratulations! :hugs:

Congratulations! :hugs:

Thanks very much! :h:
I fell in love with it too :love: I got an offer for Biochemistry with a Year in Europe on Monday. What about you? :h:

Yeah it seems like a great place to study so I'm relieved I got an offer :smile: I've just had an offer today for history and politics (AAA). There wasn't an option to apply for that course with study abroad, but I'm hoping to go abroad for a year though - the fact that they promoted it so much on the open day made me love it even more!

Where else have you applied? (If you don't mind me asking)
I had a Computer Science open day with an interview on Saturday and just got a reply. I got a conditional offer with the entry requirements lowered to ABB! I honestly thought i had messed the interview up when i came out of it, but i must have done something right. Anybody else who had an interview heard back from the university yet?

The university itself was fantastic, I'm probably going to firm it in the next week or so.
Original post by Fitzy07
I got an offer (AAA) for biochemistry with year in industry today too!

Well done that's so good, just wondering sorry to be nosey but why do you think you got an AAA offer as opposed to AAB? :smile:
Original post by LouiseXxx
Well done that's so good, just wondering sorry to be nosey but why do you think you got an AAA offer as opposed to AAB? :smile:

I got the same offer too :smile:
Original post by catrinakenyon
I got the same offer too :smile:

Why do you think you got a higher offer? I thought everyone got AAB
Got an offer for English/Politics, AAB. Well chuffed!
Why do you think you got a higher offer? I thought everyone got AAB

Urm maybe it's because it was the year in industry?
Reply 58

Probably because my personal statement was for natural sciences and not biochemistry haha. Don't think it's becuase of my grades...
Got ABBB at AS, predicted AAB at A2 (plus also picked up epq, biology AS and latin GCSE) applies wednesday and got an offer (AAB) thursday. Feeling prety good right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending