The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You've just made me hungry.

I'm really not impressed!
Reply 21
Would it be silly to apply for Psychology and Biomed Sci for the 2 back ups? Seeing as Psychology is a bit competitive would they not want a ps relating to psychology? Or do you think they would give me an offer based on a purely medicine-related ps?
Reply 22
I think it would be a safe bet to ring the institution and ask them if they're ok with applications from prospective medics.
icy_shadow2006
Don't do that, science admissions tuters shouldnt mind if you have a totally medical personal statement.

I was specifically told by the SGUL admissions tutor that applying for biomed sci with an entirely medicine oriented PS would result in the applicatio being thrown away, and that you need to show scienitific interest as well.
I remember manchester being really arsey about it, too.

I was aware of many medicine applicants studying biomed at UCL though.
Revd. Mike
I was specifically told by the SGUL admissions tutor that applying for biomed sci with an entirely medicine oriented PS would result in the applicatio being thrown away, and that you need to show scienitific interest as well.
The same is likely true of all Medicine admissions if you mention wanting to study a science course...
Reply 26
Depends which medical schools you apply to as to how easy it is to incorporate both - places with compulsory or common intercalation might be more amiable to the mentions?

My extra choices were Neuro/Psych & Neuro/History - my PS had no mention of history other than how an A2 in it it would make me a better medic & just a line about psychiatry but I received offers a few weeks after applying for both.
That said, i probably wouldn't have taken them even if i hadn't got into medicine but would have aimed higher in terms of university (but having done this first time round with a medical PS would have got a rejection methinks! If a university has plenty of well qualified applicants enthusiastic about their course - why would they make an offer to someone who obviously really wants to do something else?) for a similar non-medical course.
I should point out, that i was also told by the SGUL admissions tutor that a heavily medically oriented PS with a scientific edge would be great for either medicine or biomed sci, at St. George's at any rate.

Latest

Trending

Trending