The Student Room Group

I cant find five Pharmacy options but really want to study the course, suggestions?

Because of the type of qualification i have achieved i am going for a foundation in Pharmacy. This gave me 3-4 good options and so i only need one or two more. Can i have some suggestions as what i should do, i was considering filling the last two options with biomedical science or pharmacology but they are very different courses compared to pharmacy. I could also apply to some not as good universities in the low rankings 80-100 to study foundation pharmacy there. As i said if i were to go into pharmacy i would be going in at a foundation level anyway. Does the uni ranking effect the quality of teaching for courses like pharmacy? So i guess the big question is should i apply for some "not as good" unis or use my last option or two to apply for pharmacology or similar degree at a good uni? Any other general advice is greatly appreciated :smile:
'Which Uni' is totally irrelevant for Pharmacy.

All degrees are accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council and follow the same syllabus - and all qualify you as a Pharmacist.

THe NHS will not care where you trained - and neither will any future patients.
If its pharmacy that you want to do, why put anything else down. Agree it doesnt matter where you study, so just make sure that you like the City or town where the University is located. You may find lower ranking Unis a nicer experience too - less competitive/ more supportive.
Original post by FatTailedLeema
If its pharmacy that you want to do, why put anything else down. Agree it doesnt matter where you study, so just make sure that you like the City or town where the University is located. You may find lower ranking Unis a nicer experience too - less competitive/ more supportive.

This thread is seven months old - please check before you bump an old thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending