The Student Room Group

Advice needed with Univerity Offer Course credits

So my university want me to get 6 Level 3 Credits at Distinction, and 39 Level 3 Credits at Merit in my HE course. In total my course had 21 Units, 6 of which are ungraded, and 15 which are. I’ve achieved 6 Distinctions, 6 Merits, 1 pass (this really irritated me as it was a fault of the tutors misinformation which I wasn’t provided leniency on despite them acknowledging this fault), and the last two assignments I expect a merit or distinction from as they’re both very well done.

It states on my course that each unit is awarded 3 credits, which means I’ve got 18 Distinctions (12 more than they wanted) and 18 Merits. Of course with the last two units I expect a merit at the very least, so that’ll be 24 Merit credits (or distinctions depending on what happens).

I’m worried this will mean that I won’t get in, but as I’ve got more distinctions than expected, is it likely they’ll take this into consideration? Worse case scenario I have an old certificate that should rack up the credits, but I’m not sure where it is (I’ll contact the certificate provider if absolutely crucial to me getting in).

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
If you look at the number of UCAS points that gives you compared to what the requirement was, if you have exceeded it by quite a way then I would imagine you will still get in but all you can do is wait. Depending on the uni, the course, and how popular it is, you might find that they accept you anyway.
Reply 2
I've just had a check, and what they wanted (6D39M0P) equates to 103 ucas credits, and what I'll attain will be well above that regardless of whether I get another two merits or distinctions, which is massively reassuring. Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated!
Original post by Jakep2000
I've just had a check, and what they wanted (6D39M0P) equates to 103 ucas credits, and what I'll attain will be well above that regardless of whether I get another two merits or distinctions, which is massively reassuring. Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated!

I did an Access Course from home via DistanceLearningCentre.com in 2020/2021 and my uni offer was on the condition that I got 0D,0M,45P. I ended up with 39D,6M,0P but it was a struggle at times for motivation because, I dont know about you but I felt as though it was very hard not to at least get a pass!

2 years later and I'm gearing up for my final year of uni. Where has the time gone?!
Reply 4
Yeah I must admit, I have struggled with motivation doing this course. My issue was, the units were all so easy to pass on my HE course that I thought “I don’t really need to put much effort in”. In my mind, since I was getting all merits and distinctions with little to no effort/revision, I thought “I don’t need to put much time into this”. Worse case scenario I’d get a pass, which Is still a pass, so I can 100% understand the lack of motivation that comes with doing these courses lol.

Congratulations on being on your final year! Not long to go now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending