The Student Room Group

Fees after withdrawals

So, my PGCE has come to end a few months ago. The course has officially finished. At the end I did not hand in some of my work. Uni asked me if I wanted to do a final attempt, I declined and I’ve withdrawn. Do I need to pay any maintenance loan fees back? I got my last one just before finishing the course in April. The course has officially finished, I failed. Will student finance ask me to pay maintenance fees back before I earn over threshold etc?
This is going to depend on what your university report your withdrawal date to SFE as
Reply 2
I’m September next month, two months after the course finished. I’ve failed and they’ve withdrawn me and it will be in September that they officially do that
Original post by Non_Q
I’m September next month, two months after the course finished. I’ve failed and they’ve withdrawn me and it will be in September that they officially do that

it's not the date the process the withdrawal - it's the date that they send to SFE as your last date of engagement that will be used to determine if any funds have been overpaid
Reply 4
My last day of engagement would have been the last day of course. I did not attempt some modules and have declined a re sit. The university have told me that if I did this they’ll withdraw me next week but that means withdraw from re attempt not course as it’s already finished.
Reply 5
I was never officially withdrawn from the course and stayed on it till it finished. I just didn’t attempt some modules and declined their offer to re sit.
Reply 6
So I never officially left or withdraw at any point. I just said when I got my results transcript that the modules I didn’t attempt I didn’t want to re attempt. That I would just take the fail.
Original post by Non_Q
So, my PGCE has come to end a few months ago. The course has officially finished. At the end I did not hand in some of my work. Uni asked me if I wanted to do a final attempt, I declined and I’ve withdrawn. Do I need to pay any maintenance loan fees back? I got my last one just before finishing the course in April. The course has officially finished, I failed. Will student finance ask me to pay maintenance fees back before I earn over threshold etc?

Hi there,

If you've withdrawn after the year has ended then you wouldn't need to pay back until after you earn over the threshold. It's only if you withdrew during the academic year then your funding would be pro rata'd from the last day you attended. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending