The Student Room Group

Splitting up revision and homework.

I'm having problems splitting up my revision time and homework. I'm just starting to create a timetable and I want to have separate times for homework and revision and I don't want to include homework as revision. Any advice?
Prioritize homework (complete it asap) - revise once completed.
Do you get free periods? Allocate them and then work out how long you need to spend on each subject per week etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
How much time do you think I should per subject?
Reply 4
But what do I include in my revision that will give me the most amount of help, e.g. do i re-do notes, look up notes, memorize notes, extra reading etc? That would take me 2 hours+ and I can't do that for every lesson....
Original post by sih97
I'm having problems splitting up my revision time and homework. I'm just starting to create a timetable and I want to have separate times for homework and revision and I don't want to include homework as revision. Any advice?

That's the problem I have but twice as worse, I have two teachers per subject therefore meaning I get twice as much homework per subject. And all this hw affects my revision for stuff like tests. Honestly homework was like a foreign language to me back in school I would never do homework. So I came up with a solution I took my little sister hello kitty planner and now I always do homeworks in times when i'm not revising. "HELLO KITTY" saved me from the despair of being the only in chemistry who forgets homeworks.:smile:
Original post by sih97
How much time do you think I should per subject?

Honestly in free periods go over stuff you learnt that day or the day before. Because so many people I see in the library revise stuff we have not even learnt which is stupid because that kind of revision is a just "memorising" not understanding the concept. When you go home you can revise stuff that you that you have not learnt if you want but do over do it you otherwise you would just forget the content.

Revise wisely, instead of carelessly.
Reply 7
Then there's also the problem that some homework is more heavy loaded than others so you're going to spend more time on it hence you can't have a "fixed time" to do homework. i guess it's all about being flexible huuh :/

Quick Reply

Latest