The Student Room Group

a level english lit help

I just started year 12 and my teacher is starting to set us essays for homework. But major problem, I recently joined that class and now I'm lost on how I even attempt a question (unseen) . Can someone please recommend me a structure I can use or any helpful tips which can get me good grades this will really help me a lot. (by the way I do OCR A)
Reply 1
Original post by scammed2myheart
I just started year 12 and my teacher is starting to set us essays for homework. But major problem, I recently joined that class and now I'm lost on how I even attempt a question (unseen) . Can someone please recommend me a structure I can use or any helpful tips which can get me good grades this will really help me a lot. (by the way I do OCR A)

When you get a question, try splitting it into 5 sun-topics, which will make up your main body (don’t worry if you don’t have enough time to get to all of them.)
For paragraph structure, you want to start with a sub-topic, give an example of the topic in the text, and then analyse it as much as possible, using tentative language. I don’t really know much about the OCR exam board, but looking at exemplars from past papers really help when figuring out style (got me from a B to an A*). Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending