The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bean4ian
i'd like to know what people think when you are talking to them....its always bugged me cos sometimes when u talk to people u can tell they are thinkin somethin weird, but u just dont know what!? well i'd like to know!

Well, when people are talking to me, I concentrate on what they are saying, anylise their face and possibly think about the next thing I will have to eat.
teamvillage
Didn't deep blue beat the then World Champion Garry Kasparov in a series of matches in the 90's?? There was a more recent one aswell, but i can't remember much about that!

So I think your answer is yes, if they have not already!

Deep blue has been the only one to do it so far, but I am hoping to build up sakura so she can.
bean4ian
i'd like to know what people think when you are talking to them....its always bugged me cos sometimes when u talk to people u can tell they are thinkin somethin weird, but u just dont know what!? well i'd like to know!

Having that power would be more addictive than Orlando Bloom. I think people would be thinking that I'm thinking that they're thinking that they hate my guts. Well it had to end on a happy note!
wiwarin_mir
I know it is not a question, but did you know that whena star super novas, it leaves a massive core of super-dense iron which can become dark matter.

Who was that to? I think we covered that in class not too long ago, I can't remember though :frown: I told you I couldn't retain the information
Fleff
Who was that to? I think we covered that in class not too long ago, I can't remember though :frown: I told you I couldn't retain the information

It was to everyone.
bradders
No, no; I didn’t specifically want to know who put the colours in the rainbow I was quoted a well-known song and could not find it within myself to type out off the questions which it poses ... someone didn't pay attention in Sunday School ...

Well, in that case, Mr sun put the colours in the rainbow, as he let of some of his light which comes to earth and goes through the water and makes the colours.
Reply 46
Why exactly can nipples decide to be out or in?
Reply 47
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
Having that power would be more addictive than Orlando Bloom. I think people would be thinking that I'm thinking that they're thinking that they hate my guts. Well it had to end on a happy note!

confusing....but probably true. i bet most people would be thinking of something totally random.

it would be handy cos if they were thinkin 'god im bored' u could say 'yeah well u say something interesting' etc.....fun!
blissy
Why exactly can nipples decide to be out or in?

I am not sure blssy-chan, but I believe it could be because you have a layer of fat behind the nipple, which gives enough room for the nipple to invert.
wiwarin_mir
Deep blue has been the only one to do it so far, but I am hoping to build up sakura so she can.

I'm no expert but I think the argument against computer intelligence is that even though people claim that machines will be more intelligent than humans in a few decades, realistically this ''intelligence'' can only be defined behaviourally, ie, simply by the results rather than how the results came to be. Likewise with humans, it's impossible to tell whether a human is exercising real intelligence or merely repeating learned responses in a parrot-like fashion.
Reply 50
I didn;t mean in. Just out or not. I don't understand WHY. Obviously I understand about muscle contractions blah blah blah. But why? Why when you are cold does it help to have hard nipples? HOW?!
bradders
I think you deserve some rep ...

why?
blissy
I didn;t mean in. Just out or not. I don't understand WHY. Obviously I understand about muscle contractions blah blah blah. But why? Why when you are cold does it help to have hard nipples? HOW?!

oh, that's because your nipples are flushed with blood to warm them up, so they become erect.
blissy

Lol-someone feels verrrrry strongly about this. I'm scared.
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
Lol-someone feels verrrrry strongly about this. I'm scared.

well, girls get is worse than us boys. It is actually the same principle that gives boys erections, just for a different reason, as was stated above.
Reply 55
wiwarin_mir
oh, that's because your nipples are flushed with blood to warm them up, so they become erect.

Rubbish. Men's willies get flushed with blood. Nipples are just cotnracting muscles. Medics please help...
blissy
Rubbish. Men's willies get flushed with blood. Nipples are just cotnracting muscles. Medics please help...

As far as I'm aware, there are no muscles in the nipples, at least not in mine. A gorged nipple hurts almost as much as a gorged penis.
Reply 57
blissy
You have nipple problems :eek: Show me and i'll sort them :wink: :tongue:
Reply 58
Daveo
You have nipple problems :eek: Show me and i'll sort them :wink: :tongue:

Daveo, will you tell him that it's muscles contracting that makes hard nipples. Quite different from an erection where blood floods in and can't get back out again.

I still don't understand exactly why they want to change though... :confused: can't they just always be out?
Reply 59
blissy
Daveo, will you tell him that it's muscles contracting that makes hard nipples. Quite different from an erection where blood floods in and can't get back out again.

I still don't understand exactly why they want to change though... :confused: can't they just always be out?
I must admit I thought it was a result of increased peripheral circulation AND muscles but I may be wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending