i have a friend in school who is also autistic like me
they are a good friend but they know lots about me
things i havent even told them...
i dont rly "like like" them as of now so i dont know what to do
im in yr8
they keep saying that its becuse they want something but im not sure what
oh wise and respectable elders HELP!!!!
Reply 1
Neurodivergent people are super adept at pattern recognition, so maybe the things they know about you are from observations they're not necessarily deliberately making. What kind of things have they noticed about you, and are you feeling uncomfortable? If you think that you are on different pages in terms of your feelings towards one another, it's always a good move to be very clear that you feel exclusively platonic towards them and that you are only interested in a friendship (if you are interested in a friendship, if you're not then I would just explain that you're not attracted to them and distance yourself from them!).

If they are saying that they want something from you, and you have a bad feeling about it, it's always best to speak to a teacher or a parent or any other trusted adult just to be on the safe side! Your friend may mean no harm but it's always best to be on the safe side, and adults can definitely help you with keeping appropriate boundaries if you feel those are being breached (:
Reply 2
Original post by he11o_kitty
Neurodivergent people are super adept at pattern recognition, so maybe the things they know about you are from observations they're not necessarily deliberately making. What kind of things have they noticed about you, and are you feeling uncomfortable? If you think that you are on different pages in terms of your feelings towards one another, it's always a good move to be very clear that you feel exclusively platonic towards them and that you are only interested in a friendship (if you are interestethd in a friendship, if you're not then I would just explain that you're not attracted to them and distance yourself from them!).

If they are saying that they want something from you, and you have a bad feeling about it, it's always best to speak to a teacher or a parent or any other trusted adult just to be on the safe side! Your friend may mean no harm but it's always best to be on the safe side, and adults can definitely help you with keeping appropriate boundaries if you feel those are being breached (:

they do seem to be chill now but i will keep this advice in mind thxs
they are my friend and thats as far as i want it to go
thank you for the advice you are much smarter than my friends
btw i dont think its stalking yet cuase theres no malicous intent but i am looking out for it
thx
also the thing about autism is true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending