The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to get a D*D*D*???

Hiya, i just wanted to start off by saying I was studying AS my first year but hated it so much, so i decided to transfer to another school to study a Btec Extended Diploma. The thing is, after speaking to the head of the course at the college, he decided that I was good enough to skip into level 3 (second year) instead of having me redo first year. The thing is, will I be able to get a triple Distinction?? Will me skipping into second year affect that? I am already top of my class and know everything so school is a piece of cake for me I am just worried that I wont be able to get into the unis i want to..

If it helps, last year I got 80 points from my as (yikes):colondollar:

Cheers! :smile:
yeah, thats good you get to skip, i got 40 points from my AS last year and I AM DOING A BTEC, i am aiing to get a D*D*D* TOO.
As far as I Know with a btec you can still get into some UNIS, e.g Ruskin. You can eaen more than benefits if you go there sometimes. Ive heard some people even earn the average wage.
You'll be fine. Work hard and you will get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
The course consists of 18 units. You need 15 of these to be distinction and three to be merit.

I'm baffled how you can progress into a second year.....Both years to cover the 18 units will be at level 3.

How long is this course? 3 years would make sense given you've jumped onto a level three course indicating a level 2 course would be done before hand.
Original post by BenedikTHyland
As far as I Know with a btec you can still get into some UNIS, e.g Ruskin. You can eaen more than benefits if you go there sometimes. Ive heard some people even earn the average wage.

Most Uni`s to be honest including the top brass ones....

Bristol
Bath
Sheffield

Just to name a few off the top of my head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending