The Student Room Group

Alevel result

i got D in As level physics , is there a possibility of me getting a U in alevel physics because my paper didn't went well
Original post by YashaAshfaq
i got D in As level physics , is there a possibility of me getting a U in alevel physics because my paper didn't went well

Potentially.

Where are you sitting you A levels? If you're in England then the AS result has no impact on your A level result, which is a stand-alone qualification.

However, outline England, your AS result provides 40% of the marks for you A level. So the marks from that D, combined with whatever mark you obtained in the A2 exams (in a 40:60 split), might have left you below the E grade boundary. You won't know for another 10 days, unfortunately.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Potentially.

Where are you sitting you A levels? If you're in England then the AS result has no impact on your A level result, which is a stand-alone qualification.

However, outline England, your AS result provides 40% of the marks for you A level. So the marks from that D, combined with whatever mark you obtained in the A2 exams (in a 40:60 split), might have left you below the E grade boundary. You won't know for another 10 days, unfortunately.

For Wales and for Northern Ireland you're right it's a 40:60 split AS:A2
For international A levels it's a 50:50 split
Original post by gdunne42
For Wales and for Northern Ireland you're right it's a 40:60 split AS:A2
For international A levels it's a 50:50 split

Thank you for the correction; I didn't know that. :yy:
Reply 4
Thank you for the correction; I didn't know that. :yy:

so what is the possibility of me getting a U in alevel phy with a D in Aslevel ? as I am from Asia .zone 4
Potentially.

so what is the possibility of me getting a U in alevel phy with a D in Aslevel ? as I am from Asia .zone 4

There are too many unknown factors at play, I'm afraid, to make any kind or prediction.
Reply 6
There are too many unknown factors at play, I'm afraid, to make any kind or prediction.

but according to your prediction what percent chance is of U?
but according to your prediction what percent chance is of U?

Well, in March 2023, 5.5% of Physics International A levels were ungraded - i.e. U. So, based upon that information alone, you have a 5.5% chance of a U.

This is from Cambridge International, here. You can find the same stats from other exam series here.

Quick Reply

Latest