The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mynameiscal
The Anglican church definitely frowns on it, as a denomination, and many vicars refuse to baptise children of unmarried parents[/QUOTE]
!!
as strict as catholicism!

It does depend on the vicar though! My dad would. So he's the guy to go to, I guess.

Cheap weddings too...:wink: :p:
Reply 261
mynameiscal
It does depend on the vicar though! My dad would. So he's the guy to go to, I guess.

Cheap weddings too...:wink: :p:

lol how does the church look at it?(sex before marriage, etc.)
Catholic is big nono, and CofE, despite frowning on it, doesn't pry too deep into people's private lives
I was 18, and no, I don't regret it.

I'm a Christian, and I don't think there's anything wrong with what I'm doing, personally. Plenty of Christians I know would disagree though. The way I see it, is that if I was living 2000 years ago, I would be married anyway at this age. So I don't think my actions are immoral.

I think you can have healthy, loving sex, which God probably approves of, which is his plan for sex, without being married, if you're in a long term relationship and really love each other, if the sex is about intimacy and love and sharing yourself with your partner in a way that you don't with anyone else... Equally, I think you could be married and have a sex life that God probably wouldn't be too happy with...
Reply 264
mynameiscal
Catholic is big nono, and CofE, despite frowning on it, doesn't pry too deep into people's private lives

oh ok.
i always thought they were fine with it.
Reply 265
mynameiscal

and
Orthodox churches?:biggrin:
They wear funny hats.

And I'm not sure what their stance is....
Reply 267
mynameiscal
They wear funny hats.

And I'm not sure what their stance is....

erm...right

Originally posted by ~haze~
Orthodox churches?

I'm not a religious person; and as such dont know too much about these issues.. but google is my friend and says..

"The Orthodox Christian faith holds to the biblical teaching that sexual intercourse is reserved for marriage.."

.. if good ol' google is in fact wrong.. please let me know. :biggrin:
Breaking the politics of recent pages, I could have had sex with someone tonight. But didn't. ololol. :yy:
Keziah
I was 18, and no, I don't regret it.

I'm a Christian, and I don't think there's anything wrong with what I'm doing, personally. Plenty of Christians I know would disagree though. The way I see it, is that if I was living 2000 years ago, I would be married anyway at this age. So I don't think my actions are immoral.

I think you can have healthy, loving sex, which God probably approves of, which is his plan for sex, without being married, if you're in a long term relationship and really love each other, if the sex is about intimacy and love and sharing yourself with your partner in a way that you don't with anyone else... Equally, I think you could be married and have a sex life that God probably wouldn't be too happy with...

Congratulations on being the only christian i agree with on religion. You are very wise indeed.

Oh and seriously guys viriginty and all things related is entirely hyped by media and peer groups. Lose it when you want to and with someone who isnt a total moron. However don't wait until past 30 you'd be seriously missing out if you waited that long.
I'm 18 and still haven't lost it. The original intention was to not lose it til marriage, but I can't realistically see myself waiting that long!
on the whole catholic thing, soem irish girl i work with who has a lot of religious friends back home and she claimed most of them have anal but not vaginal.

whats the church's stance on that.
i was 15, and i don't regret it, am 19 now, at uni, and living with the same girl! :-)
Reply 274
I'm 16. Haven't lost it.
Sometimes a feel a bit shabby because a most people in my have done by now, but when I think about it, it's not a big deal at all.
I don't care if I wait til I'm 30, I refuse to lose it to someone I don't love.
Reply 275
negated enigma
on the whole catholic thing, soem irish girl i work with who has a lot of religious friends back home and she claimed most of them have anal but not vaginal.

Sodomy is also a sin in the Old Testament. Plus I just don't get why you'd do that as an alternative. Ick.
Reply 276
sparkly_woo
I'm not a religious person; and as such dont know too much about these issues.. but google is my friend and says..

"The Orthodox Christian faith holds to the biblical teaching that sexual intercourse is reserved for marriage.."

.. if good ol' google is in fact wrong.. please let me know. :biggrin:

oh ok thanks.
I know a greek orthodox girl but not too well, so wouldn't go and ask about this, would be too weird!
negated enigma

Ewww! That is the US way around *sex* before marraige, ie wear a purity ring and have anal and oral, avoiding vaginal intercourse, seems seriously skewed to me, I've just lost mine, to a guy that I love and the whole experience was awesome:smile:

Don't know if it would have been so special with some random, surely it should be special?
Not just another thing to tick off one's list:rolleyes:

This had better post anon, or I'm going to be really, really:mad:
Reply 278
Anonymous
Ewww! That is the US way around *sex* before marraige, ie wear a purity ring and have anal and oral, avoiding vaginal intercourse, seems seriously skewed to me, I've just lost mine, to a guy that I love and the whole experience was awesome:smile:

Don't know if it would have been so special with some random, surely it should be special?
Not just another thing to tick off one's list:rolleyes:

This had better post anon, or I'm going to be really, really:mad:

Silver Ring Thing ? Been happening in the UK too.
angel156
Silver Ring Thing ? Been happening in the UK too.

Hmm so I believe:s-smilie:

People are going to have sex *come what may*, they try to find ways to share intimacy with another person without compromizing their religous or moral beliefs, I have an American friend, and she certainly puts it about campus. Ahhhh! But she is still a virgin, because she hasn't had vaginal sex, so therefore what state is her rectum in?

Incidences of rectal fissures and tears are on on the increase amongst College kids in the US.

Surely that can't be healthy?

Latest

Trending

Trending