The Student Room Group

20% off in HMV

Hey gang, no it's not a crazy scheme or stealing one out of every 5 CDs, it is in fact an online promotion.
>Subject: 20% discount with this email - Friday & Saturday only
>Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:33:49 -0000
>
>Dear James,
>
>This Friday and Saturday (20th / 21st October) HMV.co.uk is offering you a 20% online discount*. Just use the promotional code: SQ1515 to save 20% on thousands of CDs, DVDs, games and accessories (future releases are excluded and terms and conditions apply.)
>
>This is a Friends-and-Family offer, so please forward to anyone you think would enjoy 20% off at HMV.co.uk. Remember it's only valid for two days.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>The HMV.co.uk Team
>
>
>
>Click here to visit HMV.co.uk:
>http://hmv.chtah.com/a/tBFNjpvAQe8r2AukD$WApUYrQSX/home
>
>If you have trouble seeing the below image, please click here:
>http://hmv.chtah.com/a/tBFNjpvAQe8r2AukD$WApUYrQSX/host?t=BFNjpvAQe8r2AukD$WApUYrQSX&[email protected]&FNAME=James
>
>*TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY, click here for instructions and details:
>http://hmv.chtah.com/a/tBFNjpvAQe8r2AukD$WApUYrQSX/tandc
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>THIS FRI & SAT ONLY 20% OFF ORDERS ONLINE AT HMV.CO.UK*
>except pre-orders, e-gift certificates, downloads, games consoles, bundles and digital music players.
>
>only at HMV.co.uk
>
>AN ONLINE OFFER FROM HMV FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
>
>ENTER CODE SQ1515 INTO THE PROMOTION CODE BOX ON THE WEB SITE
>
>Terms & Conditions
>The 20% discount voucher is only valid on transactions made on HMV.co.uk from Friday 20th October to midnight Saturday 21st October 2006. Excludes pre-orders, e-gift certificates, downloads, games consoles, bundles and digital music players and Special Delivery charges. One use of discount code per registered account. The voucher can only be used at the time of purchase and cannot be used with any other promotion, coupon or discount including the NUS / HMV Student Discount scheme. Normal HMV.co.uk terms of sale and HMV's Standard Returns Policy applies. See online at www.hmv.co.uk for standard promotion details.
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Disclaimer: All prices on HMV.co.uk are online only and may differ from HMV Stores. Prices and titles correct at the time of sending e-mail & are subject to availability. Copyright 2006 HMV.co.uk. All rights reserved. You are receiving this email because you have chosen to receive our newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe to this newsletter please simply return to www.hmv.co.uk, login, uncheck the newsletter tick box and send the updated details to us.
>

Cool huh? I expect big hugs for this :p: Though I'm sure a fair few of you have recieved the same email, if there's already a post of this it didn't show up on search.

Oh and my reasoning is that the Music forum is like my online hometown, and you are all freinds of mine, so nyah take that HMV :p:

Enjoy, and don't blame me if you spend all your pocket money...
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got that email too.
Hmv is a rip off anyway and it's only online so just go to amazon and find it cheaper.
Reply 2
I need to order a cd and dvd, I will compare Amazon and HMV-20% and see which is cheaper:p:
Reply 3
I smell Led Zep - Houses of the Holy for £4 delivered.

Couple of others I'm tempted to get too (notably LTJ - B is for B-Sides and In With The Outcrowd for £8 and £7.20 respectively, Neutral Milk Hotel for £8, Decemberists - The Crane Wife for £7.20). This is a really good offer, and I normally find HMV overpriced crap.

Shawshank for £2.40 is an absolute steal too
Reply 4
Damn.. the HMV name put me off straight away :frown:

Damn you HMV!!
A.ndrew
Damn.. the HMV name put me off straight away :frown:

Damn you HMV!!

Why not give them one more try? They have always worked well for me, and you can always send it back if the CD is messed up, I'm sure they arn't maliciously destroying all your stuff on perpose!
It always happens... I buy a CD from HMV, then I go across the road to Virgin Megastore and I find the same CD for a fraction of the price.

Every single time, without fail. But I never learn.
jeffers
It always happens... I buy a CD from HMV, then I go across the road to Virgin Megastore and I find the same CD for a fraction of the price.

Every single time, without fail. But I never learn.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I like HMV's style so Im a bit of a chump really I guess, hence getting the email in the first place.
Reply 8
So bloody what?
Reply 9
jeffers

Virgin are usually just as expensive as HMV. Fopp is probably the cheapest music store.
bobbob
Virgin are usually just as expensive as HMV. Fopp is probably the cheapest music store.

FOPP rocks.
the HMV website is really good, and I find that it's a lot cheaper than Amazon, particularly because it's free p&p in the UK.
Reply 12
Decent_Jam
Why not give them one more try? They have always worked well for me, and you can always send it back if the CD is messed up, I'm sure they arn't maliciously destroying all your stuff on perpose!

I hate HMV, and will never buy from them again.... So many more places that are cheaper, and better staff. Their staff here are a bunch of faggots.
ahh I have no money :frown: and it'd be the perfect time to buy cds :frown:
Reply 14
FrenchGal
FOPP rocks.

Enough said.
Reply 15
Music Zone > Fopp > Everywhere else.
Reply 16
looks like phishing....1 sec

edit: nah just weird urls
Reply 17
EPD
Music Zone > Fopp > Everywhere else.

I find Fopp nicer than Music Zone, which usually is loud, a bit brash and messy. Fopp is much more fun to browse in.
Reply 18
FrenchGal
FOPP rocks.

FOPP FOREVER.
Reply 19
bobbob
I find Fopp nicer than Music Zone, which usually is loud, a bit brash and messy. Fopp is much more fun to browse in.

You're probably right. I just don't think Fopp's as cheap as it used to be.

Latest