The Student Room Group

Student finance - Parents current year income more than expected

My parents completed a current year income form 22/23 as they expected there income to fall by more than 15% compared to 20/21. Due to finding a new job and promotion the income was actually more than tax year 20/21. The question is once a current tax year assessment has been submitted by my parents is there any way of asking for the original 20/21 tax year to be used again as I now will receive less than if the tax year 20/21 was used in line with all the other students. It feels unfair that due to a fortunate change in parents circumstances I am left worse off than if my parents had not applied for a current year assessment.
Original post by CHERRY2000
My parents completed a current year income form 22/23 as they expected there income to fall by more than 15% compared to 20/21. Due to finding a new job and promotion the income was actually more than tax year 20/21. The question is once a current tax year assessment has been submitted by my parents is there any way of asking for the original 20/21 tax year to be used again as I now will receive less than if the tax year 20/21 was used in line with all the other students. It feels unfair that due to a fortunate change in parents circumstances I am left worse off than if my parents had not applied for a current year assessment.

Hi there, If a Current Year Income Assessment as been submitted the team will continue to use these figures until 24/25 academic year. There is no way to change this. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending