The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE Eng Lang Story Ideas

I struggle with writing stories, as I waste too much time trying to think of ideas, and then when I start one I end up disliking it and starting another. My teacher suggested writing a story that can be adapted to fit more than one title (the exam paper provides five titles, and you must pick one to work on), memorising it, and then use that in the exam. So below, I have listed all of the titles between the years 2006 and 2014.

Basically, I'm just looking for ideas for writing a story that will fit the majority of these titles, and can be easily adapted to fit almost any of them.

2006 - 2009

The Fugitive.

Write about a time when you felt ashamed of yourself.

The Journey of a Lifetime.

Continue the following: ‘Everyone said you should never go back but I could not resist .'

An Unforgettable Moment.

The Interview.

Write about a time when you broke something.

Write a story that begins: I really wish I had not agreed to this, but there was no going back now.

The long walk home.

A visit to the relatives.

The Traitor.

Write about an incident when you were embarrassed by your friends or family.

A Day at the Seaside.

Write about an occasion when you appeared on stage.

Write a story which begins: He hoped he would have the strength to do what was right.

A Knock on the Door.

Write about a time when you went on a school trip.

Continue the following: ‘There’s no argument about it,’ snapped Mum. ‘We’re going and that’s final.'

Write about a time when you had to stay with a relative.

Write a story which ends with the following: ‘I hadn’t wanted to go but this had made it all worthwhile.'

2010 - 2014

The Wedding.

Write about a time when you won something.

Continue the following: ‘Some days can only get better.'

The Time of My Life.

Write a story which ends with the following: ‘… and he knew he had made it.'

The new arrival.

Write about a time you were taken out for a treat.

Continue the following: ‘I thought it was a dream come true, but that’s not how it turned out.'

Write a story that ends: ‘… and because I was able to get it back in time, she never did find out.'

Write about a time when a friend let you down.

Trouble in the street.

A fresh start.

Write about a time when you cheated.

Continue the following: ‘It was just a small postcard in the newsagent’s window but it caught my eye.

Write a story that ends with the following: 'Mum sat down heavily, looked at me and said, ‘Well, let’s just hope it never happens again.''

Write a story which ends: ‘… and that wiped the smile off her face.'

The Choice.

Write about a time when you were at a children’s party.

Write a story which begins: ‘I didn’t know if I had the courage to do this ...'

Making a Difference.

Write a story which ends: '… sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.'

A New Beginning.

Write about an occasion when you had to visit relatives.

Write a story which begins: ‘I wish I had never agreed to this but it was too late to go back now.

A Memorable Journey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending