The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Gcse requirements for Uni of Nottingham

Im applying for Politics and International relations at nottingham and I cant find anything about GCSE requirements? my grades were okay I guess but because of a few issues with my highschool I have a few fewer GCSE's than average, will this affect my application? I have a 5 in maths, 9 in Eng Lang, 8 in Eng Lit, 7 in history, 7 in DT, 5:4 in Combined Science and a music btec. My alevels meet the entrance requirements and I do EPQ. Anyone have any idea about this?
Original post by rowan_willow
Im applying for Politics and International relations at nottingham and I cant find anything about GCSE requirements? my grades were okay I guess but because of a few issues with my highschool I have a few fewer GCSE's than average, will this affect my application? I have a 5 in maths, 9 in Eng Lang, 8 in Eng Lit, 7 in history, 7 in DT, 5:4 in Combined Science and a music btec. My alevels meet the entrance requirements and I do EPQ. Anyone have any idea about this?

I think it should be fine as you have passes in maths and English. If it doesn't say anything explicitly I wouldn't worry about it as your A-level grades are so much more important.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by rowan_willow

If you click on the three dots on the banner at the top of the course web page, you can see the more detailed entry requirements. It says:

Required subjects

GCSE English grade 4 (C) or above

So you are fine. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
If you click on the three dots on the banner at the top of the course web page, you can see the more detailed entry requirements. It says:

Required subjects

GCSE English grade 4 (C) or above

So you are fine. :smile:

Oh amazing thank you so much!

I hadn't noticed that on the website lol, thanks for letting me know where it is.
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I think it should be fine as you have passes in maths and English. If it doesn't say anything explicitly I wouldn't worry about it as your A-level grades are so much more important.

Thank you! I noticed others getting really high gcse grades when getting offers which concerned me haha, all good now though :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending