The Student Room Group

How do you revise?

What are the ways that you guys revise? And are u an auditory, kinaesthetic or visual learner??

Also, how do u get motivated to revise when you really can't be bothered?? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me, I literally just organise a schedule. 1 subject to revise everyday and 1 other subject that I will just briefly flick through the textbook with. I sit down, make notes and make things concise, but easy to understand and draw diagrams if I need to. People say making pages of notes isn't the best way, but for me it is. Also, I find that if I do 1 unit of a subject every week and then lecture to myself / someone it helps you to memorise too. In addition, I think once you feel confident about knowing a topic, TEACH or EXPLAIN to someone, that puts your confidence and knowledge to the test. This helped me tremendously in history. I have a friend who knows literally everything about history and politics and I lectured to him and he added in anything I missed. The exam was a breeze.

Also, for me, switching off my phone, TV, laptop doesn't really help me. It's kind of weird, but when I have those luxuries right next to me, I feel like I'm in an everyday environment so I'm more comfortable and is able to revise better.

In terms of finding motivation, I made a post a while back and someone said "just stop thinking about it so much and JUST DO IT". This has helped me, it's simple but was effective for me.

Also, I recently had mocks for my GCSEs and I left only 2 weeks to cram everything in and this has taught me a MASSIVE lesson to not leave revision for the last minute.
Mind maps, create presentations of my notes and go through them to remember them and watch videos online about the subject. I also like to read about the subject in question.

The combination of all these things has led to me doing rather well in exams.
What's revise?
Currently just using the textbook and making concise notes. When I finish studying a topic I do lots of exam questions on it and this helps me coz then I know what parts I haven't fully understood. Going to start making mind maps too and sticking them up around my room so I can quickly read over the stuff before bed so I won't forget anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by stephaniecheung
For me, I literally just organise a schedule. 1 subject to revise everyday and 1 other subject that I will just briefly flick through the textbook with. I sit down, make notes and make things concise, but easy to understand and draw diagrams if I need to. People say making pages of notes isn't the best way, but for me it is. Also, I find that if I do 1 unit of a subject every week and then lecture to myself / someone it helps you to memorise too. In addition, I think once you feel confident about knowing a topic, TEACH or EXPLAIN to someone, that puts your confidence and knowledge to the test. This helped me tremendously in history. I have a friend who knows literally everything about history and politics and I lectured to him and he added in anything I missed. The exam was a breeze.

Also, for me, switching off my phone, TV, laptop doesn't really help me. It's kind of weird, but when I have those luxuries right next to me, I feel like I'm in an everyday environment so I'm more comfortable and is able to revise better.

In terms of finding motivation, I made a post a while back and someone said "just stop thinking about it so much and JUST DO IT". This has helped me, it's simple but was effective for me.

Also, I recently had mocks for my GCSEs and I left only 2 weeks to cram everything in and this has taught me a MASSIVE lesson to not leave revision for the last minute.

Thanks so much for this! :biggrin: I just did my mocks aswell and I'm so scared to know what Ive gotten!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Currently just using the textbook and making concise notes. When I finish studying a topic I do lots of exam questions on it and this helps me coz then I know what parts I haven't fully understood. Going to start making mind maps too and sticking them up around my room so I can quickly read over the stuff before bed so I won't forget anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Messiah Complex
Mind maps, create presentations of my notes and go through them to remember them and watch videos online about the subject. I also like to read about the subject in question.

The combination of all these things has led to me doing rather well in exams.

Thanksss :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest