The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heavyhandscott
Ahhh cus youre in Ireland ! Should come across to England :wink:

What are your units about? i.e. topics

Indeed :biggrin: I am planning on doing so for uni hehe

Unit one we've done enzymes, cells & viruses, tissues & organs, biomolecules, methods of transport, DNA/DNA technology and cell division. Ecology takes up most of unit 2...yuck :frown:
Original post by Bethaaaaany
Indeed :biggrin: I am planning on doing so for uni hehe

Unit one we've done enzymes, cells & viruses, tissues & organs, biomolecules, methods of transport, DNA/DNA technology and cell division. Ecology takes up most of unit 2...yuck :frown:

He he not anywhere near me though :l

And yeah ive got a revision pack to do for the whole unit and only done a tiny bit of Ecology, my teacher wont like that when i go back tomorrow?
Mine is kind of mixed up but its mostly an understated, mild Mancunian accent.
Reply 203
The elusive "posh" welsh accent
I've got a very weird accent - it's based on British but with continental (German) influence as well as a tiny bit of North American :P.

I get quite a lot of comments on my accent but I have no easy way of describing it haha.
I have an American-influenced Turkish accent, with some British vocabulary and pronunciation thrown into the mix. Which makes sense as I'm a native Turkish speaker who learnt English from American teachers and media before relocating to the UK.

In the likely case you have no clue what a Turkish accent sounds like, here's a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YmfaLaEz90 My accent is basically a watered-down version of this.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm from Scotland, always lived here, but my mum's Australian, yet my accent has been described as almost sounding American :') I literally cannot describe it
A Mancunian accent, although I've had people say I sound like I'm from London, despite living in Manchester my whole life. I think its because to people not from Manchester they expect you to speak like someone with a Bolton/Lancs accent, but it's completely different to what an actual inner city Mancunian accent is.
I don't have an accent o_o (London)
Original post by Gott
Angry german

:smile:
Reply 210
west Yorkshire, all clear, no strings attached.

but i guess it sounds a bit boring..
I've been told I sound like Peter Kay...
I have a Mancunian accent.........
Reply 214
What I think is a generic American accent, though apparently the official generic American accent is in the Midwest. Midwesterners, to me, all sound like they're the ones with the accent...
Cumbrian
Original post by Gott der Zweite
Hitler
bahaha why do i find this funny p

Original post by thegodofgod
Received Pronunciation - I've often been told that I sound like the stereotypical BBC News presenter :redface:
cool. #weshouldmeet
Original post by may348
What I think is a generic American accent, though apparently the official generic American accent is in the Midwest. Midwesterners, to me, all sound like they're the ones with the accent...

My cousins live in the Midwest, Nebraska, and they definitely sound like they have the typical american accent to me, a British person.
English englanddddddddddddd
Original post by Ndella
So you're implying that all black people have a ghetto accent or something? I love how you associate my ethnicity with a stereotypical accent without taking into account my upbringing and living environment. Whenever I visit my cousins in other areas in London, the differences in our accents are rather noticeable. You don't even know me.
haha clearly someone pulling your leg and yeh reacted and all! XD

Original post by Zürich
As in a Southern accent is charming and lyrical whereas a Northern accent makes people feel like they're being threatened at all times?

I knew some guys at Uni from Belfast and the tone was omni-aggressive. Nice guys but they couldnt say 'thanks' without sounding like they were about to start a fist fight :laugh:
cheers mate..us southerners have it easy.

think the letterkenny accent is yuck..as well as the north antrim accent ...belfast is okay..Fermanagh one is probably the nicest although varies soooo much!

Latest