The Student Room Group

Daddy issues

Why does it seem that a lot of girls have some sort of fixation on older men and often using the term daddy. Is it due to daddy issues of some kind, could someone please enlighten me.

Original post by LickingCarpet
Why does it seem that a lot of girls have some sort of fixation on older men and often using the term daddy. Is it due to daddy issues of some kind, could someone please enlighten me.

Freud, is that you? :curious:
To be honest, the older I've got, the more I just view such appropriations with pity. Doesn't do a thing for me anymore.
:puke: I hate it when girls call their men "daddy". :puke: My boyfriend's older, but there's no way in hell and beyond that I would call him daddy. :puke:

I think I have daddy issues. Dad was never around as I grew up, and neither was mum. I have parent issues. As I grew up I should've been looking to them for safety and security, but they were too preoccupied with work and their own families so I had no one. Now I'm older, I depend on my relationship to fulfill those needs that my parents couldn't and still can't fulfill.

I wouldn't say that my dad is the reason I'm with an older guy. I don't consciously search for older guys to enter a relationship with and I'm definitely not one to fixate on being with an older guy. I never imagined being with one until my current relationship. Boyfriend and I met by chance and got together because in each other we found exactly who we want. His age wasn't exactly a selling point to me, I've never think about it unless I'm thinking about how I'm going to sell the idea of him to my family. When it comes to relationships my daddy issues do make it so that I look for a guy who has the positive traits of my dad, e.g. the dominance/power/authority and the strong financial position, but I also found some of those traits in my ex boyfriends who were my age because those were/are the traits that I sort "fixate" on (it's a strong term, but I'll go with it) when I consider entering a relationship with someone. I dunno. I guess it affects different people in different ways. It might affect me more than I think. I have always had a small thing for older guys, but I've never really thought twice about it.

I suppose the whole calling your boyfriend/husband/whoever "daddy" is to do with a dominance/submission fetish which probably is the result of daddy issues. Don't these people cringe when they call the person they're having sex with "daddy"? :eek: :puke:
Original post by LickingCarpet

I think it's so sexy,I'm so used to calling this guy I like daddybear in the past...oooopsie
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=DD%2Flg

I don't do this sorta thing myself, girl I used to go out with told me she was one though...
when a Spanish girl calls me papi... ooooooeeeeeeeeee

Quick Reply

Latest