The Student Room Group

teacher crushes??

hi,
i just want some advice i guess. i am currently a 16yo female in sixth form - and for years, ever since my first crush really, i have never liked guys from my age group, my crushes always seem to be adults. in particular, teachers. i've had at least one teacher crush every year since y7, and i have no idea why. right now, there is this one teacher i'm really obsessed with, and have been for 3 years now - and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.

it doesn't really affect my learning tbh, and ofc i would never even dream of acting on it (he doesn't even like me very much anyway, plus he's married). i also don't feel the need to stare at him or anything like that, and i don't go out of my way to spend time with him. basically, overall, i'm pretty sure it's not obvious i have a crush - i treat him like every other teacher and he treats me like every other student so there isn't any risk there.
however, i'm just really worried that i will never have a normal crush, and i was wondering why it is that i'm only attracted to teachers and a few other adults? obviously the most obvious suggestion would be 'daddy issues' but my dad is very much in the picture, and although my parents don't get along at all, we are a typical family of a married couple and two children, and my dad and i have a fairly normal relationship. so sorry for the rant, i just wanted to know whether there could be any other reason for these preferences or am i just a weirdo??

(please don't be too harsh, i know these kinds of posts are really annoying and downright weird, i just want answers :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous
hi,
i just want some advice i guess. i am currently a 16yo female in sixth form - and for years, ever since my first crush really, i have never liked guys from my age group, my crushes always seem to be adults. in particular, teachers. i've had at least one teacher crush every year since y7, and i have no idea why. right now, there is this one teacher i'm really obsessed with, and have been for 3 years now - and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.

it doesn't really affect my learning tbh, and ofc i would never even dream of acting on it (he doesn't even like me very much anyway, plus he's married). i also don't feel the need to stare at him or anything like that, and i don't go out of my way to spend time with him. basically, overall, i'm pretty sure it's not obvious i have a crush - i treat him like every other teacher and he treats me like every other student so there isn't any risk there.
however, i'm just really worried that i will never have a normal crush, and i was wondering why it is that i'm only attracted to teachers and a few other adults? obviously the most obvious suggestion would be 'daddy issues' but my dad is very much in the picture, and although my parents don't get along at all, we are a typical family of a married couple and two children, and my dad and i have a fairly normal relationship. so sorry for the rant, i just wanted to know whether there could be any other reason for these preferences or am i just a weirdo??

(please don't be too harsh, i know these kinds of posts are really annoying and downright weird, i just want answers :smile:)

honestly, i think it's ok to get teacher crushes. you are maybe just into more mature men, and i understand that ( teenage boys can be weird). don't worry, you'll probably grow into your crushes, and in a few years time you'll probably crush on men who are more your age range, as you'll be older, and the boys ur age will be more mature and appealing maybe? idrk but i think we all find some older men hit different :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending