The Student Room Group

Durham foundation year medicine 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Does everyone have different UKCAT offers? As last year I thought it was 745?
And only Gateway and WP background. Had a lower offer of 645.

@mobo250 @Tinatrust @ph80 What is your UKCAT offer?

Original post by A1student
Does everyone have different UKCAT offers? As last year I thought it was 745?
And only Gateway and WP background. Had a lower offer of 645.

@mobo250 @Tinatrust @ph80 What is your UKCAT offer?

Offer 2300 have contacted durham. Who said I did really well in my interview and we're not too happy that I am accepting bradford. Basically I got the impression that after interview they picked the best candidates who performed the best and gave modest ukcat scores in the hopeful eventuality everyone made a offer accepts durham. As opposed to giving more offers with a higher ukcat leading to more people not getting in.

and A1 student they made it clear ukcat score will vary year to year due to what students attain in that year and the demand.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 162
How is everyone thinking of the ukcat preparation and what resources are you all planning on using??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kgee
How is everyone thinking of the ukcat preparation and what resources are you all planning on using??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Kgee

I thought you got 580 last year? If so you should have met your condition already like edischarge did last year no?

I've got the same conditional offer woop, and got 570 so not much to make up.

Can't remember who mentioned the lower UKCAT but this is the answer:

The direct entry cut off for 2014 entry was 745 hence our 645 offers last year (foundation usually attracts a 100 point deduction, exception being if you sat A levels and just didn't get the grades and thus waited 2 years to apply via foundation)

The direct entry cut off for this year seems to have settled at 675 as the national scores dropped massively in the 2014 cycle. I know someone who sat in 2013 and dropped 50 points when they resat in 2014! Having used the same resources!

Whilst they could have held our offers the same as last year, I know of at least 3 of us who have reapplied so to hold them would be bad business sense really! After all, as we know many top level consultants would struggle to gain entry now and if we really can't do it we will be syphoned out after Foundation year at uni.

Congrats to all those who got offers, whether your first, second or in my case 3rd attempts (no offer 1st time as had a horrendous interview)

Don't give up and we will get there!
Reply 164
Original post by Louloubelle
Hi Kgee

I thought you got 580 last year? If so you should have met your condition already like edischarge did last year no?

I've got the same conditional offer woop, and got 570 so not much to make up.

Can't remember who mentioned the lower UKCAT but this is the answer:

The direct entry cut off for 2014 entry was 745 hence our 645 offers last year (foundation usually attracts a 100 point deduction, exception being if you sat A levels and just didn't get the grades and thus waited 2 years to apply via foundation)

The direct entry cut off for this year seems to have settled at 675 as the national scores dropped massively in the 2014 cycle. I know someone who sat in 2013 and dropped 50 points when they resat in 2014! Having used the same resources!

Whilst they could have held our offers the same as last year, I know of at least 3 of us who have reapplied so to hold them would be bad business sense really! After all, as we know many top level consultants would struggle to gain entry now and if we really can't do it we will be syphoned out after Foundation year at uni.

Congrats to all those who got offers, whether your first, second or in my case 3rd attempts (no offer 1st time as had a horrendous interview)

Don't give up and we will get there!

Am not so sure but I still got conditional offer and there are others on here who had high scores last year and still have received conditional offers.. Plus am still waiting on decision from another uni which is putting me back on the same issue of resitting so I can decide...But am definitely going for Durham for sure... So looking forward to getting over with this year for once...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kgee
Am not so sure but I still got conditional offer and there are others on here who had high scores last year and still have received conditional offers.. Plus am still waiting on decision from another uni which is putting me back on the same issue of resitting so I can decide...But am definitely going for Durham for sure... So looking forward to getting over with this year for once...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the person who got through on this basis last year had to ask admissions but I could be wrong. What I do know is unlike direct entry they don't have access to our UKCAT results - we have to provide them.

I was really close (570) so I've sent a cheeky email - after all Shy Bairns Get Nowt
Reply 166
Send me a message with your name and I will add you 07900998388
Reply 167
might be a silly question but when is the date period(s) for which we can take the ukcat?
Reply 168
Original post by mobo250
might be a silly question but when is the date period(s) for which we can take the ukcat?

1 July to somewhere October 15. But Durham would require us to sit it by 25th August or something..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
How is everyone doing with the ukcat preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ladies and Gents

I created a Facebook page for mature students, however, it kept popping up on friends pages so i've taken it down (as work don't know I am leaving yet!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kgee
How is everyone doing with the ukcat preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just started few days ago, what about you how you getting on ??
Original post by ph80
Ladies and Gents

I've created the below Facebook page for mature students.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Queen...61308947252801

I appreciate it's not a tidy URL, but it works :smile:

The link says it's broken on mine so you have the page name so I can join :smile:
Original post by kgee
Send me a message with your name and I will add you 07900998388

Mine is wouldn't mind being added to the group :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MedicineMaybe
The link says it's broken on mine so you have the page name so I can join :smile:

I've fixed the link...that's what happens when I try to cut corners! :colondollar:
Reply 175
I applied for John Snow and it's accomodation time. Should I stay at the college or Mezzino? I can't make up my mind. What college did you guys apply to?
I applied for John Snow and got Stephenson. I'm hoping to live out anyway so it shouldn't really matter. :-)
Reply 177
Am in Stephenson and hoping to live out if all goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
The college says it expects all freshers to live in, and I'll have to write a letter explaining why I don't want to. To be honest, I don't mind living out or at the college as long as I am not surrounded by immature idiots.
Reply 179
anyone else get John snow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending