Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    a bit of background

    I currently study medical science (part time) but due to massive life changes im pretty sure I cant continue (ill be in hospital in september when we are due to start back and pretty much be useless for an entire semester next year)

    I have used up 3 years of part time funding which is equivilant to 1 and a half full time years

    ok now for the questions:

    1. is it possible to take a year out of university or deffer a year and then pick up again later on or do you need to pay for the year you do not attend?

    everyone ive spoke to so far says you have to pay to stay on the course if you take a year otherwised everything gets wiped and you have to start again

    2. if I drop out of the course altogether can I still get funding for another course later on?

    for example:
    if full time students get 4 years funding
    so do part times get the equivalent of 8?
    8 - 3 = 5
    so I should have either 5 part time years or 2 and full years left for another course?

    3. also can you cash in the points you get from year one if you drop out to get a HNC instead of degree?

    4. and if so will it void any future finance?

    5. also the course im considering applying for in the future is often NHS funded, will that make a difference?

    sorry for all the questions, the part time stuff is so hard to understand and finance isnt my stong point
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.