The Student Room Group

Driving Test Very Soon!

Hello :smile:

Ive got my driving test very soon! I'm bricking it :colondollar: I really dont think I'm going to pass, I did a mock test a couple of days ago and got 3 MAJORS!! They where going to quick through a tunnel, went 35 in a 30 and suddenly stopped at a roundabout.
Even in my lessons I keep making a few mistakes, for example forgot to indicate on a roundabout, to hesitant when passing parked cars, etc :frown: Stupid things like that! The problem is they would make me fail!
I honestly dont think I am going to pass :frown:. How was your experiences before your test? Was you certain you was going to fail? Also did anyone else still make mistakes like me in the lessons before your test?:smile:
I also had a lesson before my test and I was making mistakes that I never did before but during test I just imagined that the examiner is my instructor and treat it like a normal lesson.

If you are already thinking that you will fail then perhaps you should try moving your test into a later date because you don't seem very confident in your driving ability.
Original post by icallumm

Ive got my driving test very soon! I'm bricking it :colondollar: I really dont think I'm going to pass, I did a mock test a couple of days ago and got 3 MAJORS!! They where going to quick through a tunnel, went 35 in a 30 and suddenly stopped at a roundabout.
Even in my lessons I keep making a few mistakes, for example forgot to indicate on a roundabout, to hesitant when passing parked cars, etc :frown: Stupid things like that! The problem is they would make me fail!
I honestly dont think I am going to pass :frown:. How was your experiences before your test? Was you certain you was going to fail? Also did anyone else still make mistakes like me in the lessons before your test?:smile:

On the way there I always forgot to indicate to leave the roundabout so I was still indicating right when I needed to indicate left to leave. I also touched the wing mirror on a brick wall and the wing mirror bent inwards. Don't do that. But I did pass first time
Original post by icallumm

If you really don't feel ready for your test, move it further back!! It is much better than failing and it gets you some extra practise.
When I initially booked my test my instructor told me she didn't think I was ready, I was upset but looking back, she was absolutely right. I was doing similar things to you and panicking on roundabouts so I moved my test back. I've had 3 tests now and each time I thought positively throughout the lesson before. I made a few mistakes but nothing too major. The worst I did was probably forgetting to look in my left mirror when changing lanes in an empty road. I've never done that in a test though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending