which one out of these 3?

or are these 3 good?

What A-levels did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by _Charlotte15
What A-levels did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

maths, further maths and Physics (1982 - 1984)
Original post by TeeEm
maths, further maths and Physics (1982 - 1984)

I'd rather shoot myself then do maths how did you cope ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I'd rather shoot myself then do maths how did you cope ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everybody is different!
if everybody liked and did the same society will collapse.

(how did I do? Look in my profile or my website)
Original post by em.d_4
Personally i think not taking 4 to begin with is a bit risky in case you struggle or don't enjoy one.
It depends what you'd like to do after A levels because the problem you have there is that's only 2 academic a levels so if you want to do an academic subject you could be disadvantaged at good unis.
They're also a slghtly odd combo as they don't exactly point anywhere, i think if it was me I'd add history or geography or english perhaps even psychology as a 4th and see how it goes.

I agree with this.
This is why the head of my old 6th form recommended that people took 4.
Original post by TeeEm
Everybody is different!
if everybody liked and did the same society will collapse.

(how did I do? Look in my profile or my website)

Okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did I say an expert in the whole syllabus ? Don't think I did from what I can recall. And any girl knows what textiles is unless you have lived under a rock the whole of your life

Posted from TSR Mobile

You were talking about textiles as an A-level subject. Just being a girl does not mean that you know anything about what an A-level in textiles involves - or even what it is, yes this is possible, just as being a boy does not necessary mean someone does not know anything about it.
Original post by theresheglows
You were talking about textiles as an A-level subject. Just being a girl does not mean that you know anything about what an A-level in textiles involves - or even what it is, yes this is possible, just as being a boy does not necessary mean someone does not know anything about it.

Okayy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds great, but I'd take a fourth that's not general studies because general is a crock of ****. Maybe something like English or History?
French, textiles, ethics & philosophy??

What do you want to do at uni?
Original post by paradoxicalme
Sounds great, but I'd take a fourth that's not general studies because general is a crock of ****. Maybe something like English or History?

Yeah general studies is pretty useless however, I was thinking about history at AS but my teacher said she'd recommend me to do the full 2 years because uni's don't take an AS in history. Also, both ethics&philosophy and French are big essay based subjects so I think it would be too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Textiles I really enjoy though and its a of a relief from the two essay based subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Textiles has a very high workload for coursework. It's not really a relief, but if you enjoy it, do it. :smile:
Original post by Emma:-)
What do you want to do at uni?

Something to do with French

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Textiles has a very high workload for coursework. It's not really a relief, but if you enjoy it, do it. :smile:

Yeah but to me the coursework isn't bad as I enjoy doing it and i took it at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah general studies is pretty useless however, I was thinking about history at AS but my teacher said she'd recommend me to do the full 2 years because uni's don't take an AS in history. Also, both ethics&philosophy and French are big essay based subjects so I think it would be too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

What your history teacher has told you doesn't make any sense - universities accept AS History the same as any other AS subject. Are they teaching a history course that is linear (i.e. you can only do the A2 and the AS doesn't count for anything)?
What your history teacher has told you doesn't make any sense - universities accept AS History the same as any other AS subject. Are they teaching a history course that is linear (i.e. you can only do the A2 and the AS doesn't count for anything)?

Yep that's it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something to do with French

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally i wouldnt do textiles.
I think your A-levels are fine, but you should have a fourth subject.
Some people might say Textiles will hold you back (and it will at some universities), but I'm studying languages at a good uni and I know a few people on my course did textiles.
Original post by llamaspoon
I think your A-levels are fine, but you should have a fourth subject.
Some people might say Textiles will hold you back (and it will at some universities), but I'm studying languages at a good uni and I know a few people on my course did textiles.

I definitely will take a fourth subject just not sure what yet, thank you this was very helpful 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
How? French opens up lots of opportunities as it's an academic subject as does ethics and philosophy. For the 4th I'd probably do general studies

Posted from TSR Mobile

But literally no where accepts general studies. You know that's just a way schools use to fill students time right?

Quick Reply

Latest