The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unfortunately, I don't qualify for this!
shauncouldstone
Unfortunately, I don't qualify for this!

Shame, I get £10.

I probably should have added if you don't get EMA it's not worth replying because I don't want this thread to turn into an argument. :smile:
Everything. From books and revision guides to razor blades and bus passes.
zippy_gerbil
Everything. From books and revision guides to razor blades and bus passes.

ema promoting self harm :frown:
Reply 5
i havent spent a penny yet although i get £30. but i will take some out if i need some on books or clothes and may treat myself to a digital camera or omething.

please don;t turn this thread into an argument. if you don;t get it, go to mummy and daddy and moan somewhere else.
Reply 6
I've hardly spent a penny of the EMA I've got the past year, and havern't spent any thus far for this year. I plan on buying my first car with it :smile: (or at least it'll contribute to it, depends what I go for).

When I do spend it, it's on books / revision stuff, clothes or stuff when I go out with mates (cinema/bus/etc).
I'm at uni now, but I got £20 a week for both years of sixth form, which I spent on stationery, books and trips. Anything I didn't spend, plus the £500 in bonuses, I saved up for uni. In fact, I used up quite a lot of that money before I even got here on dctionaries, grammar books, set texts and the accommodation booking fee, so it was very useful.
I don't qualify for it, but I recall in my investment club when the teacher was talking about how we should save our money and build interest on it, someone mentioned how they were going to save up their EMA and invest it in a bank with a good interest.
Reply 9
Everything I need?
It's the only money I get...so it goes on food for college, alcohol, films, fags (although I've quit now :biggrin: but it used to), clothes, going out...anything. And sometimes college stuff, I suppose. Haha. Although my dad usually gives me money if I need to buy lots of college stuff/stationery.

Saved up quite a lot this year though as I still had loads of birthday money when college started so I haven't really spent much.
Driving lessons. Pfft.
Dinner money though I'm trying to save it as well but I only get £10 a week.
I can spend mine on anything but at the mo it's going towards uni.
Reply 13
I get £30 a week, £19 goes on driving lessons and the rest is saved im my account for the future, maybe even my first car
Generally it goes towards the family's weekly income; so, in that respect, food and so on. I save some each week. If I have anything left over I generally save up and buy a cd or a book or something but most of it goes towards food or gets saved up for uni or whatever.
I get £10 a week, but had changed since last year I was eligible to receive the full amount. The money was only rarely spent on clothes, shoes but most of it was kept in the bank to be saved and in the near future would be very useful when going to university.
anything i need, but i want to save it up for driving lessons, i keep spending it on food and alcohol tho, im not very good at saving
Saving it up for uni
I was entitled to £30 both years of 6th form and it all went to my family as board money.
Reply 19
last year i was entitled to £20 and my mum refused to apply but im getting it this year - its being used for general stuff while I look for another job

Latest

Trending

Trending