The Student Room Group

Jobs with a geography degree?

Hey guys, so I am currently doing my A levels and am looking into applying to study geography at uni but I was just wondering whether anyone knew what kind of jobs you could get with a geography degree, I mean as in are you limited or is it a subject you can go into any field with?
Reply 1
I'm doing a geography degree atm, and off the top of my head some careers/jobs are teaching/lecturing, environmental planning, town planning, international development, working for the EU, working in oil/geomatics/data management/oceanography for a company like Shell, tourism etc
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm pretty sure this degree can provide you with a wide range of jobs. I've heard that geography looks good to employers because it teaches you research skills/essay writing skills etc. Before becoming a teacher, my geography teacher worked in technology, and a few of the other geography teachers have left to work in industry so yeah there's a lot you can do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by falling
I'm doing a geography degree atm, and off the top of my head some careers/jobs are teaching/lecturing, environmental planning, town planning, international development, working for the EU, tourism etc

This
Reply 4
McDonald's, Burger King, Starbucks, KFC...
Original post by Josb
McDonald's, Burger King, Starbucks, KFC...

..Nandoes, Pizzahut, Dominoes.
Reply 6
Original post by Abdul-Karim

So many opportunities. :eek4:
Original post by Josb
So many opportunities. :eek4:

Makes me question why I didn't choose it.
Original post by Abdul-Karim

NANDO'S (sorry pet peeve)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The subject doesn't even matter for 80% of careers. As long as it isn't something specific like medicine, you can take steps to get to any job including law, accountancy, teaching, etc.

Ask yourself what you'd like to do and take the necessary steps to get there.
Thanks guys this helped a lot, looks like geography it is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending