The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
False acc. There are no girls at Imperial.
Only for backside probing.

On a serious note - of course not!
Original post by Anonymous
It's probably difficult to take this seriously, especially as you know, you would expect your doctor being okay with it...but will I, as a medical student have to get naked/have examinations performed on me?

Highly doubt it dear
Original post by Freyr
We had groups of 3 and curtains around us so noobe else saw anything (except the professors who came around to explain things).

That... just makes it weirder.

I do think it should be (genuine) volunteers without any expectation. Also, strappy top is just s good as bra. Of course you have to be not shy around nudity/partial nudity, but that doesn't have to be your own nudity!

I always volunteered, including for venflons and an NG tube once (eugh).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip
False acc. There are no girls at Imperial.

The medical school has a fairly balanced M:F ratio afaik.

Similar experiences to everyone else at my med school - girls: strappy tops/bra, guys: topless. There's no obligation to take part, but it's more fun if you do imo :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by nexttime
That... just makes it weirder.

I do think it should be (genuine) volunteers without any expectation. Also, strappy top is just s good as bra. Of course you have to be not shy around nudity/partial nudity, but that doesn't have to be your own nudity!

I always volunteered, including for venflons and an NG tube once (eugh).

You are really brave. I want to do medicine and I don't mind to take my top off as long as I am still wearing a bra. I am so scare that people have to do practical on me, eg tubes. When I get into medical school, am I allow to say not to be the patient or everyone has to do this? I thought students practise on sim only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wing:)
You are really brave. I want to do medicine and I don't mind to take my top off as long as I am still wearing a bra. I am so scare that people have to do practical on me, eg tubes. When I get into medical school, am I allow to say not to be the patient or everyone has to do this? I thought students practise on sim only.

You don't have to do anything you don't want to.
Reply 27
Yes you will have to get naked if you decide to have sex at med school.
Reply 28
I don't want to go top less in med school 😩😩😩
No. You can always say no. I've been examined but never had to take anything off, except for shoes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What made it weird? Were the teaching assistants unprofessional or was it simply that this was your first time performing an intimate exam?

Latest

Trending

Trending