The Student Room Group

Access Course PS

Hi, I need help with the opening paragraph of my personal statement for an access course. I have a few ideas what to put in the essay but I'm struggling to make a start..
It is a one year arts and social science course which includes political science, economics, philosophy and psychology all of which I'm really interested in. There is only 25 places in the course and around 200 people trying to apply each year so I need to make my personal statement stand out, the only problem is I don't know how to do that..
Please help :frown:
Original post by annuks
Hi, I need help with the opening paragraph of my personal statement for an access course. I have a few ideas what to put in the essay but I'm struggling to make a start..
It is a one year arts and social science course which includes political science, economics, philosophy and psychology all of which I'm really interested in. There is only 25 places in the course and around 200 people trying to apply each year so I need to make my personal statement stand out, the only problem is I don't know how to do that..
Please help :frown:

Sometimes it's best to leave the intro til last (or just put in a really generic and crap one just to fill the space temporarily) and focus on why you want to study those subjects and what you want to study with the Access course and why :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending