The Student Room Group

Which milk do you drink?

My family have always bought semi skimmed milk (the milk with the green top), and I haven't tried the other kinds. I'm sure there are other kinds of milk too, like German buttermilk, which isn't available in this country. Of the three most common kinds of milk, full fat, skimmed and semi skimmed, which do you drink and why?

Scroll to see replies

Gold top. Cos I can
Reply 2
Original post by SquareBrackets
Gold top. Cos I can

What is the gold top milk?
Breast milk cuz it's free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Semi skimmed. We did used to have the orange top and purple top milks.
Whole milk (blue top).
Tastes goooood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bruise
What is the gold top milk?

Quite fattening , Google it!
Reply 7
Original post by OU Student
Semi skimmed. We did used to have the orange top and purple top milks.

Oh gosh! I don't know a lot about milk. Then I suppose there's all kinds of organic milk, milk with added vitamins, milk for cooking. I should definitely explore different kinds of milk.
Reply 8
Original post by SquareBrackets
Quite fattening , Google it!

It looks creamy and like milkshake. I love milkshake!
Whole milk - tea
Skimmed milk - cereal
Sweetened soya milk - coffee, cooked food that require milk as an ingredient

:hide:
Full-fat, least sugar, highest calories.
Reply 11
ive tried all three and green top milk is the best
The one with the red top. I'm not a big fan of milk and use it in tea and on cereal. It's the one I find most bearable because it has little taste :tongue:
Ok am I the only person that thinks full-fat milk/whole milk (blue top) is pretty much the only proper milk? Green topped milk is nasty and the red top is basically just water
Reply 14
Usually goats milk or lactofree but occasionally soya, almond or coconut.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soya, almond, oat, coconut or hazelnut milk. My family is lactose intolerant, we don't brink milk milk into the house.
Original post by bumblebee342
The one with the red top. I'm not a big fan of milk and use it in tea and on cereal. It's the one I find most bearable because it has little taste :tongue:

It may as well be water.

When I was at uni, I'd drink goats milk. That way, no-one would steal my milk. :tongue:
I drink almond milk. It's amazing how creamy skimmed milk tastes to me since making the switch!
almond, hazelnut, coconut
Full fat all the way.

Quick Reply

Latest