The Student Room Group

Should I contact her?

I'm a guy. I and a girl were best friends till September last year when I asked her out. She rejected initially; then was unclear about her decision saying I made her rush and put her on the spot;then rejected me after some days. I was moving to a far away city when I asked her out: that might have played some role in the rejection - she also told me other reasons for the rejection.

After this incidence, we made up just before I moved to the new city. But things got out of hand due to interference from other people (gossips etc). She was angry and we decided to end our friendship. However, we made up again - I think.

She initiated contact once in a while but I initiated most of the contact between September and December (we chatted probably about 6 times in this period). I invited her for an event in which I was getting an award in November at her uni: she rejected the invitation and never asked me how the event went. I forgot this episode and contacted her a week post-event. Also, I went for a concert at her uni and I told her I would be coming; all she gave was a thumbs up. I was not happy and didn't respond to her reply but went to the uni still.

In christmas break, I went home for holiday. Our mutual friend (a guy) who knew about all that happened planned that three of us should meet during the holiday. We had to change dates to fit her work schedule (she chose the date). Then on christmas day, I asked her if she would meet up as planned. She said: "I'm tired. Too much stress from my job. I will let you know of another day when we can meet." Anyway, she never contacted me afterwards.

Now, we have not spoken since christmas day. I must say that I have lost all the romantic feelings for her. Also, I no longer have the same friendly affection that I used to have for her. But I still care about her as a friend (although I don't count her as my friend anymore.)

Recently, she's posted some things online which makes me feel that she might be going through a lot. She posted these:

"Feeling like myself for the first time in forever. Learning about life as I go along but I'm still me"

"Never let your feelings get too deep, people can change at any moment"

"What can you do when the love turns to hate??"

I know these quotes are not about me because it is very recent and our problems happened last September till about November.

Anyway, I have this urge to contact her and check on her but I am too proud to do so (because she does not make the effort to contact or meet up).

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I contact her, swallow my pride and free myself of the urge?
From what you just posted...

Move on. As Ed Sheeran said, "You don't need me, I don't need you".
Original post by shawn_o1

Wasn't his lyrics "You need me but I don't need you"?
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1

I've moved on in terms of romantic feelings. But naturally, I care about people especially anyone that was close to me at a point in my life. How do I move on?
Original post by Anonymous
I've moved on in terms of romantic feelings. But naturally, I care about people especially anyone that was close to me at a point in my life. How do I move on?

Keep yourself occupied with something else, like work commitments, any hobbies, (even procrastinating would do)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending