The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Forensic science at staffordshire uni

Hey I got an offer and meet the requirements.
So I consider to go to staffordshire for forensic since,nodes anyone else go
this year? Or anyone who already is studying it and can give me any info about the course?
that would be great, also what is it about the accommodation ?
I live in Germany and have to book a flight, which is not that cheap :biggrin:
do I have to wait until I get an offer from the in the middle of August or can I go earlier or anything...any ideas? Or private accommodations, any recommendations?
Original post by Anjuscha
Hey I got an offer and meet the requirements.
So I consider to go to staffordshire for forensic since,nodes anyone else go
this year? Or anyone who already is studying it and can give me any info about the course?
that would be great, also what is it about the accommodation ?
I live in Germany and have to book a flight, which is not that cheap :biggrin:
do I have to wait until I get an offer from the in the middle of August or can I go earlier or anything...any ideas? Or private accommodations, any recommendations?

Hi there

I've asked a forensic science student about her course and here's what she said about forensic science

'The course is not for those who are have found an interest in it from the tv shows such as csi. It is very much science based, a lot to do with laboratory work and chemical analysis of evidence. although you do learn about the crime scene side that is more into the Forensic Investigation course.

I am a level 4 student and if i'm honest i am loving the degree. The lecturers are always pushing me to figure things out for myself rather than just giving me the answers, and they treat you as an adult who is capable of making decisions themselves. It is quite a challenging degree as it involves a lot of deductive work and is different to college or sixth form. You must be dedicated to the course and know what you want from it in order to do well.'

And as for the accommodation you can apply for accommodation around the end of June where you give your preference as the type of room you want to live for example you rate if you want ensuite or shared accommodation first and depending on availability you are made an offer after you have been confirmed on your course in August. After you are confirmed on your course and you've accepted your accommodation you can move in on the first week on fresher's week.
I lived in halls first year and it's worth the wait for the move in day in September as your on campus and right in the middle of the action.
Have a look at the accommodation site:http://www.staffs.ac.uk/support_depts/accommodation/stoke/

However if you wanted to live in private accommodation the university has a private landlord site to find trusted landlords who have a good standard of housing : http://www.staffs.ac.uk/support_depts/accommodation/private-landlord-accommodation/index.jsp

August is quite quiet as all the students are at home before resuming term in September, nothing gets going until September so you might as well save some money and move into either a house or halls when term starts in september save abut more money for you.

What would you prefer for first year a house or halls??
Jack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
I'm a graduate and I agree with all that was said in previous post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending