Get into medical school

I know that but how?
Just have really messy writing.
Reply 4
Original post by EA436
Just have really messy writing.

hahaha seriously:tongue:
Reply 5
Alot of this you can google, your inability to use initiative and use the internet to answer such a simple question makes me doubt your ability to get into medical school, let alone being a doctor.
But hey, here you go: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130716041206AAfMdr7
Get decent GCSEs and AS levels (or equivalent) and some work experience then apply to study Medicine at a UK university, via the same process as any other degree. The tough bit is getting a place once you've applied!
Original post by Lexy25
i dont no where to start lolz:smile:

1. Get good GCSE grades (mostly A*/A grades but a few B grades ain't a problem).
2. Choose 4 good subjects at GCE A level (2 should be Biology and Chemistry).
3. Do some placements or voluntary work like for instance in a hospital. Also do some extra curricular activities. This is all to make your personal statement stand out.
4. Do well at AS with all A/B grades at least (AAAA-BBBB) to be able to compete with other Medicine applicants.
5. During A2; get minimum AAA predictions at A2, do the UKCAT/BMAT and score the required points. Apply for Medical school and do well at the interview.
6. When you get the offer(s) then get minimum AAA at A2.
7. Enrol to your desired Medical school and complete your Medical degree which is 5/6 years.
8. You do training for 1/2 years and then you're a doctor.

Note: Some Medical schools offer the Medicine with foundation year which is for students who did not do the relevant subjects at GCE A level.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Raymat
1. Get good GCSE grades (mostly A*/A grades but a few B grades ain't a problem).
2. Choose 4 good subjects at GCE A level (2 should be Biology and Chemistry).
3. Do some placements or voluntary work like for instance in a hospital. Also do some extra curricular activities. This is all to make your personal statement stand out.
4. Do well at AS with all A/B atleast grades (AAAA-BBBB) to be able to compete with other Medicine applicants.
5. During A2; get minimum AAA predictions at A2, do the UKCAT/BMAT and score the required points. Apply for Medical school and do well at the interview.
6. When you get the offer(s) then get minimum AAA at A2.
7. Enrol to your desired Medical school and complete your Medical degree which is 5/6 years.
8. You do training for 1/2 years and then you're a doctor.

Note: Some Medical schools offer the Medicine with foundation year which is for students who did not do the relevant subjects at GCE A level.

a few B's aren't a problem? God bless you for not being on the high horse called TSR.
Reply 9
9. After the 1/2 years training, you do a further 3-8 years of studying/training/exams depending on where you want to specialize. THEN you're a doctor
Reply 10
Don't, become a paramedic :wink:

But in all seriousness, you need to do all of the research yourself, that way it will stick better. I would also recommend looking on YouTube. You will know if you're truly interested to do medicine.

I'm hoping to study paramedic science after my gap year, I work closely with paramedics and health care professionals in St John's and they all say the same thing "you have to have a certain drive to work in a health care setting" which is absolutely bang on, the only way to know is if you gain experience (which can be hard). I did this by joining St John's and found out that I truly wanted to become a paramedic when I was out on my first duty. I was with another paramedic on the rapid response vehicle and we attended calls on blue lights and sirens, it was an amazing experience.

You need to find out if you have that drive. If you do then that should be enough to motivate you to work your ass off, because it's not easy.

Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LadyEcliptic
a few B's aren't a problem? God bless you for not being on the high horse called TSR.

It won't if you have a flock of A*/A grades at GCSE to show off in your application e.g.
A*A*A*A*A*AAAAABB (5A*s, 5As and 2Bs) or
A*A*A*A*A*A*AAABB (6A*s, 3As and 2Bs)
That doesn't look too bad for a Medicine applicant.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending