The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey oxidas, well I reccomend that you get a book entitled 'Mathematics HL for the international student 'options'. It is a very good book. Speaking of differential equations, we r about to start it but still have another 3 topics left until May 2007!!:eek: Tell me about the topics you have already covered.

Sincerely,

Ziyad
oxidas
What books do you use/recommend for Option 10: series and differential equations ?

We ended up just using a college calculus textbook, not an IB book.
yeah but the Haese & Harris, IB Maths HL for the Int'l Student Option book is teh best since it is designed for the IB syllabus and covers everything you need to know. that's the one ziyads suggested
osc-ib.com have all the revision guides for options.
Reply 5

@andy: OSC-IB dont have a book for the series and differential equations option.
Reply 6
We have already covered all the core. So now it`s only option left. Well, i know about the official IB option textbook, but as it is quite expensive i was wondering, maybe there are some alternatives.
Reply 7
expensive? I saw it at www.elounge.com for something like equivalent to £40-50, which is not more than any other of the IB text books in my subjects at least...

Anyway, I am also doing the same option... and my teacher is copying stuff from various books and has made us a file with papers... and We are also using an old book for further maths A-levels...
Reply 8
See, this is why I HATE going to a public school. We wanted to get textbooks that were made especially for Math HL, but the school system couldn't comprehend the idea of paying in Australian Dollars as opposed to American ones. It's a real shame too, since those books would have been PERFECT.

I don't think they'll even let us have college level textbooks--too expensive.

Sometime I wish I went to a private school, so I wouldn't have to worry about all this bulls**t.
Reply 9
You could always buy the books yourself(a), costs some, but might help you when studying etc.
you could team up and share the books ;..
zackinbaltimore
See, this is why I HATE going to a public school. We wanted to get textbooks that were made especially for Math HL, but the school system couldn't comprehend the idea of paying in Australian Dollars as opposed to American ones. It's a real shame too, since those books would have been PERFECT.

I don't think they'll even let us have college level textbooks--too expensive.

Sometime I wish I went to a private school, so I wouldn't have to worry about all this bulls**t.

sorry to hear that, but i think thats only your public school. mine uses college text books with IB books supplement
Reply 12
Paying for books by ourselves isn't an option. My school is 65% on food stamps/social welfare. Another idea was to buy one book and make copies out of it, but the problem gets worse. Our school system is in a billion dollar budget deficit... and that means we can't afford paper. So that means no making copies. That also means that sometimes they cut off our power.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to complain... My teacher is really good. He makes things work for us. We'll figure something out.

Latest

Trending

Trending