The Student Room Group

Any ice hockey fans?

Scroll to see replies

Are they an import netty? And good choice with Connolly imo. Think we've still got Adam Carr as ours..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think bracknell will be strong next season. If they put Milan Kostourek and Frankie Bakrlik on the same line, they'd be racking up points like nobody's business.. 2 amazing players they have signed right there...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
any rec players on here?
Original post by chuffy
any rec players on here?

I keep meaning to try but I'm busy and don't want to spend money on the kit. Used to play like 10 years ago and I was OK.
Reply 24
Original post by SmashConcept
I keep meaning to try but I'm busy and don't want to spend money on the kit. Used to play like 10 years ago and I was OK.

can always pick up second hand kit. sure u would enjoy it again
Original post by chuffy
can always pick up second hand kit. sure u would enjoy it again

Yeah it's still not that cheap, and I'm leery of second hand stuff because I will never forget how my own gear used to smell.

Hopefully I'll get back into it at some point. I have other stuff on my plate right now though.
Reply 26
Original post by SmashConcept
Yeah it's still not that cheap, and I'm leery of second hand stuff because I will never forget how my own gear used to smell.

Hopefully I'll get back into it at some point. I have other stuff on my plate right now though.

Ano it's my main hobby. Can get lucky with some gear. I'd only buy nearly new stuff
Would be so much better if I lived in US or Canada
Original post by chuffy
Ano it's my main hobby. Can get lucky with some gear. I'd only buy nearly new stuff
Would be so much better if I lived in US or Canada

Yeah lol, when I played I would spend so much time just looking at CAD prices for gear and just wishing haha
Am into to playing myself more than watching. It is a shame it's not so popular, seen in how fast paced the game is. Yet most people in the UK wouldn't even understand what icing the puck is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by lozzielizzie
Am into to playing myself more than watching. It is a shame it's not so popular, seen in how fast paced the game is. Yet most people in the UK wouldn't even understand what icing the puck is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd rather pay to watch the league below the elite league, just think the fans are more hardcore

thing that boggles my mind is folk on my team who watch hockey but constantly wander offside
Original post by chuffy
any rec players on here?

I've played for a fair few years. Just moved to a town where the nearest ice rink is over 100 miles away. I will miss hockey. :frown:
I am not that much familiar with ice hockey but used to play archery regularly because archery is a physically demanding and fun sport.
Reply 32
Original post by Sabertooth
I've played for a fair few years. Just moved to a town where the nearest ice rink is over 100 miles away. I will miss hockey. :frown:

No roller teams?
Original post by Sabertooth
Zdeno Chara. :biggrin:

You? :smile:

As a B's fan, good looks i see you lol gotta love the big man. Tuukka Rask is my favorite. Even named my dog Tuukka. I've always had a soft spot for tendies.
I'm from the US and ill be attending school in london in the fall and dont know the area or even the UK at all. Are there teams in the area? Any way to go to games? i need to get my fix for sure.
There a few teams in London and tickets are easy to get for games

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a few rinks in the London area. There's no Elite league there, which is the top level in the UK. You'll be able to catch Premier League games and National League games in London, the quality of hockey is no where near the same as I'm the US, but hockey is hockey!
In the EPL the teams are ~ Milton Keynes, Bracknell, Swindon, Basingstoke, Manchester, Telford, Sheffield, Peterborough, Hull and Guildford. In the NIHL there are London Knights however the standard isn't really excellent. However a hockey fix is a hockey fix.
Original post by InaneRambler
There's a few rinks in the London area. There's no Elite league there, which is the top level in the UK. You'll be able to catch Premier League games and National League games in London, the quality of hockey is no where near the same as I'm the US, but hockey is hockey!

Ill have to do some research and find a team from the area i can support. Ill still follow my nhl teams but im curious to see what they havime going on in the UK.
Original post by zwatkins66
In the EPL the teams are ~ Milton Keynes, Bracknell, Swindon, Basingstoke, Manchester, Telford, Sheffield, Peterborough, Hull and Guildford. In the NIHL there are London Knights however the standard isn't really excellent. However a hockey fix is a hockey fix.

I dont mind going to games like that. Ive been to a few P Bruins games and worcester sharks games. Hockey is hockey and its fun to watch regardless. Do any of those teams play close to the Westminster area?

Quick Reply

Latest