The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadgate Park

Has anyone received an offer from Broadgate Park? And do you know what hall/room you've been allocated? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, I received an offer for an en suite room at Broadgate Park 2 weeks after applying. I've now accepted the offer but I haven't been told what hall/room I've been allocated yet. Have you applied for Broadgate too?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jrh96
Hello, I received an offer for an en suite room at Broadgate Park 2 weeks after applying. I've now accepted the offer but I haven't been told what hall/room I've been allocated yet. Have you applied for Broadgate too?

Yeah I applied and have a standard room but I haven't accepted yet. The other accommodation sites seem to hall know what halls and flats and room numbers they have already and I want to know!!
Reply 3
Original post by TurtleFlute
Yeah I applied and have a standard room but I haven't accepted yet. The other accommodation sites seem to hall know what halls and flats and room numbers they have already and I want to know!!

Oh really, I didn't realise that some accommodation sites have told people yet :eek: At first I thought they might wait until A-Level results day before letting everyone know, just in case somebody doesn't end up getting the necessary grades or whatever - but clearly not! Well fingers crossed they let us know where we are soon. Would be handy if they do tell us so that we can attempt to track down our flatmates (saves the awkwardness of living with someone you know nothing about in September:tongue:)
Reply 4
Original post by jrh96
Oh really, I didn't realise that some accommodation sites have told people yet :eek: At first I thought they might wait until A-Level results day before letting everyone know, just in case somebody doesn't end up getting the necessary grades or whatever - but clearly not! Well fingers crossed they let us know where we are soon. Would be handy if they do tell us so that we can attempt to track down our flatmates (saves the awkwardness of living with someone you know nothing about in September:tongue:)

Exactly! I have a couple friends who have applied to Broadgate as well so I want to know how close there hall is to mine or whatever :-)
Reply 5
Hey, I applied for my accommodation at Broadgate Park & confirmed it! It's also driving me insane not knowing what hall/room i'm in etc... I might email the accommodation to ask them when we can find out!
Reply 6
Original post by Amber1997
Hey, I applied for my accommodation at Broadgate Park & confirmed it! It's also driving me insane not knowing what hall/room i'm in etc... I might email the accommodation to ask them when we can find out!

Hi Amber :smile: What room type have you applied for at Broadgate? It's really bugging me too :frown: Yeah, great idea - let us know when/if they reply!! What course are you applying for anyway?
Reply 7
Original post by jrh96
Hi Amber :smile: What room type have you applied for at Broadgate? It's really bugging me too :frown: Yeah, great idea - let us know when/if they reply!! What course are you applying for anyway?

Hey, i applied for the large en-suite due to my mom thinking the normal en-suite would be too small, but i don't think there's much of difference haha:smile: &i definitely will! I have applied for Philosophy, what about you?!
Reply 8
Hey, i applied for the large en-suite due to my mom thinking the normal en-suite would be too small, but i don't think there's much of difference haha:smile: &i definitely will! I have applied for Philosophy, what about you?!

Haha, bless! Have you not been to an Applicant Day where you can wander round and view the different room types? I went to one and the standard en suite actually looked reasonably big (well bigger than I thought it'd be), so that's what I've opted for. The large en suite rooms are huge btw, so tell your mum she needn't worry now!

Ooh Philosophy is a pretty interesting subject. I'm doing Nursing, so I didn't have much of a choice about going self-catered because I'll be on placement 50% of the time; going catered would've been a bit of a waste of money for me. Haha :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by jrh96
Haha, bless! Have you not been to an Applicant Day where you can wander round and view the different room types? I went to one and the standard en suite actually looked reasonably big (well bigger than I thought it'd be), so that's what I've opted for. The large en suite rooms are huge btw, so tell your mum she needn't worry now!

Ooh Philosophy is a pretty interesting subject. I'm doing Nursing, so I didn't have much of a choice about going self-catered because I'll be on placement 50% of the time; going catered would've been a bit of a waste of money for me. Haha :smile:

No, i didn't get chance to go to the applicant day:frown: but that's good then! & yeah i suppose that works out cheaper for you then.

Nursing is supposed to be really good at Nottingham! The cities pretty nice to! Just hope i get the grades haha
Reply 10
No, i didn't get chance to go to the applicant day:frown: but that's good then! & yeah i suppose that works out cheaper for you then.

Nursing is supposed to be really good at Nottingham! The cities pretty nice to! Just hope i get the grades haha

Awh that's unfortunate, but the accommodation at Broadgate looks lovely so you'll be fine I'm certain. Yep it does have a great reputation for my course, main reason why I chose Nottingham! And yes the city is great, I go shopping there from time to time :P

Do you live far from Nottingham? Where abouts are you from? (Sorry for all the questions...I'm too nosey!!)
Original post by jrh96
Awh that's unfortunate, but the accommodation at Broadgate looks lovely so you'll be fine I'm certain. Yep it does have a great reputation for my course, main reason why I chose Nottingham! And yes the city is great, I go shopping there from time to time :P

Do you live far from Nottingham? Where abouts are you from? (Sorry for all the questions...I'm too nosey!!)

Thats good then, iv had a look online & read most of the reviews & current students absolutely love it! I love shopping in Nottingham, iv been a few times to, also to visit family as i have a few cousins there! haha

& don't worry about it, I'm from Birmingham! What about you??:smile:
Reply 12
Thats good then, iv had a look online & read most of the reviews & current students absolutely love it! I love shopping in Nottingham, iv been a few times to, also to visit family as i have a few cousins there! haha

& don't worry about it, I'm from Birmingham! What about you??:smile:

Awh sounds like you'll definitely be fine then! Good that you've got family there that you can visit :smile:

Ah Birmingham isn't too far then, and I'm from Chesterfield (Near Sheffield) so I'm pretty close too.

I know this is random, but when did you apply for a large ensuite and did you get one ? I applied the second week of March for one and they said there weren't any left :frown: sorry for the random post!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
I know this is random, but when did you apply for a large ensuite and did you get one ? I applied the second week of March for one and they said there weren't any left :frown: sorry for the random post!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it!:smile:

I applied the day the accommodation was available, i was told to apply as soon as possible as i heard that the accommodation fills up very quickly, especially en suites! & oh no, have you tried contacting them? sometimes people drop out or they may have some cancellations!
Original post by jrh96
Awh sounds like you'll definitely be fine then! Good that you've got family there that you can visit :smile:

Ah Birmingham isn't too far then, and I'm from Chesterfield (Near Sheffield) so I'm pretty close too.

Thats good then, at least you'll be close to home! & i received a reply from Broadgate Park regarding my email to when we can find out what room/flat we are in & they said they can't let us know until the beginning of September due them constantly changing and altering them! Which is so annoying!!
Reply 16
Thats good then, at least you'll be close to home! & i received a reply from Broadgate Park regarding my email to when we can find out what room/flat we are in & they said they can't let us know until the beginning of September due them constantly changing and altering them! Which is so annoying!!

Omg seriously?!! That's really frustrating. I was hoping I could find out soon so I can try and find who I'll be living with and get to know them before the term starts!! Ugh :-( Oh well, suppose different accomodation sites do things differently.

Thank you for finding out and letting me know though! :smile:
Original post by jrh96
Omg seriously?!! That's really frustrating. I was hoping I could find out soon so I can try and find who I'll be living with and get to know them before the term starts!! Ugh :-( Oh well, suppose different accomodation sites do things differently.

Thank you for finding out and letting me know though! :smile:

We send out the allocations around the beginning of September to enable us to accommodate any special requests people have. Once we do this you can get to know your flat mates before arrival - the arrivals weekend is 19th / 20th September.

Emma
Reply 18
Original post by Broadgate Park Accommodation Nottingham
We send out the allocations around the beginning of September to enable us to accommodate any special requests people have. Once we do this you can get to know your flat mates before arrival - the arrivals weekend is 19th / 20th September.

Emma

When we applied through Nottingham, if we put a special request in there saying we would like to share a hall with someone will you guys take that into account when allocating rooms? Thanks :-)
Original post by TurtleFlute
When we applied through Nottingham, if we put a special request in there saying we would like to share a hall with someone will you guys take that into account when allocating rooms? Thanks :-)

We always try to take into consideration students requests. Send me your details in a private message and I will investigate for you.

Emma
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending