The Student Room Group

have u been in love? heartbroken?

I've never fell in love or allowed myself to develop feelings. I m sure that's because I don't want to be heartbroken.. I don't know how it feels nor do I want to go through it. So up till now every guy I dated I left him once I felt that I'll start to get stronger feelings... Is what I'm doing normal????!
Have you guys been in such phase? Have u been heartbroken? Is love really about taking risks
Original post by a5.
I've never fell in love or allowed myself to develop feelings. I m sure that's because I don't want to be heartbroken.. I don't know how it feels nor do I want to go through it. So up till now every guy I dated I left him once I felt that I'll start to get stronger feelings... Is what I'm doing normal????!
Have you guys been in such phase? Have u been heartbroken? Is love really about taking risks

I'm not exactly going to say it's not 'normal' but I will say that it isn't healthy. And yeah, I've been there. My current boyfriend is the first guy I haven't pulled a runner on. And that is thanks to a lot of factors but I think bottom line is you can break the pattern and not allow fear to define you. It gets really lonely living this way.
YES!! It it absolutely worth the risk! There is NO guarantee that you won't get hurt but there are different ways of being 'heartbroken' and getting hurt. Do you get hurt when you walk away from a dating situation that you might actually want to continue but are afraid - and you know you've let yourself (and the guy) down? Do you feel 'hurt' when you convince yourself, yet again, that you're not interested (when you know deep down you are). Do you feel 'hurt' when you see your friends, relatives, etc. who are basically the same age having meaningful relationships and you're not in one (because you don't go there)? Do you feel 'hurt' when your friends are going out for the night with their bf but you're staying home alone because it would be awkward for you to join the couples? Do you feel 'hurt' when you find yourself alone and are worried that this could become a permanent situation? In life there are many ways we can get hurt. You simply can't protect yourself from hurt. But, you can learn from hurt and grow as a person. Most couples do not find the 'one and done' relationship so most likely you'll have a break-up. You'll learn from that relationship both what you like and what you don't like to apply to future relationships - and yes, with the right mindset there will be future relationships - that will be wonderful! Live Life!! Don't cheat yourself!
I fell like crazy for this one guy. He was so perfect yet so imperfect. Crazy thing this, we liked eachother so much (in love I guess) that we drove eachother apart and split. Now I distance myself from every guy in a hope to find that type of love again. The one that consumes you? V.dangerous and requires a lot of time & commitment hence why I swerve 99.9% of males attracted to me :smile:
its lifeeeeee. A huge risk which could go horribly well or just completely suck but get the most out of it !!!!
Reply 4
No such thing as love, just pain and suffering.
with myself yes
Yeah, never had my heart broken though.

Original post by Lil08
No such thing as love, just pain and suffering.

Hope that's you being sarcastic instead of being an edgy moron.
I've been both, and I am currently in the former, the heartbroken feelings happened not because of a breakup, but because I tried to change that girl but a year or two after it ended she was still the same, and it hurt not being able to change her, but i moved on :smile: you gotta be open and take the risk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending