The Student Room Group

I crushed on a friend who has a lot of female friends

Hi) F 20) thanks for reading.

it is a guy i have known for many years(from school and now in college) but somehow i didn't acknowledge his presence very much.(we never interacted much) i am a person who doesn't get attached to people easily but when i do, i just put it on the fact that i am very caring. but the thing. beyond thinking about him and caring, i started imagining romance with him. my friend says that i wouldn't want a future with him. but i am giving this thought a consideration, you know.

okay, let me start from the day i texted him first. it was when i hadn't any feelings towards him. my friends were saying we have similar tastes in music and that he follows my blog. that day he faced a failure. in public he didn't show his emotions much, his face was stiff. that has happened a lot to me, i keep my face stiff but inside i start screaming. when i got home. i selected some of my favorite songs about being strong and that kinda inspire me when i am demotivated. it was easy to find his social media(he is my follower) so i sent him those songs and texted that one failure does not define him as an individual, and stuff in that spirit. he thanked me for support and our chatting carried on from that point and now it been 2 months we regularly chat and interact almost every day in person. we are nice friends now. our tastes are similar most of the time. i have seen some minor flirty signs in him so i got to gradually see him in another perspective, as well. but that was before i knew he had 3 other female nice friends whom he also chats daily. honestly, it was a slight surprise. i talked with his best friend about this all response i could get was that he is just polite and friendly and wants to be close to people. i understand it, i do. but what is bothering is the attention we are giving each other. this flirt thing is here. but i don't know if he does that to all his chatmates. i know i could be bold to ask him this from him. i could but i will not. cuz i think he would say i misunderstood his friendly behavior. but friends do not send winking stickers every 5 min and do not smile every time they see us for no reasons. he checked up on me yesterday because i was inactive on social media. maybe because we haven't talked a day. but he found a way to reach out to me to ask how i was doing. my close friends didn't do that( i am not upset in any way they were just late to do so, they did but he was the first to do) i like being around in his presence. i like him. all i know about his love life is 2 things. 1 his first(don't know for sure number) gf cheated on him and he was heartbroken. 2 he fell for my friend once, he courted her but didn't ask out(because he said he was not ready for a relationship)it didn't end well. she was asked out by someone else and her (very jealous)boyfriend had this conversation with him that he is unworthy of her and should not even think of girls of that status. i know he must have felt *****y at that time. but i wonder what he thinks of me. because i am of the circle of that girl (but i really hate her bf). i might be an overthinker please share any of your thoughts. thanks)
That fact that he used to like ur friend is a little weird
Some guys just generally are flirty - that's their personality. I would maybe wait a little
I was one in the same position where I liked a guy friend who talked to a lot girls on a regular basis. Those girls were just his friend and so was I 🥲
Anyways what u could do is be honest with him - it will give u clarity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending