What are you doing for Unit 3?

Political phil and phil of mind
wat abt u
ar u ready for exam :smile:
Original post by TSweety
Political phil and phil of mind
wat abt u
ar u ready for exam :smile:

What are you expecting for phil of mind?
Reply 83
Original post by notcoolnerd
What are you expecting for phil of mind?

My teacher said dualism eliminativ mat
But Dunno
wat do u think ??
Original post by TSweety
My teacher said dualism eliminativ mat
But Dunno
wat do u think ??

We were thinking biological naturalism and dualism- although I reckon identity theory could possibly come up
Reply 85
We were thinking biological naturalism and dualism- although I reckon identity theory could possibly come up

my teacher thinks EM, AI or problem of other minds... any guesses for political?
Original post by khushboo123
my teacher thinks EM, AI or problem of other minds... any guesses for political?

Woukd you reference biological naturalism in an EM essay? Mind is a more general section, so i don't know how far you can reference things outside of the question, before you lose marks for losing focus...

I'm not doing political I'm afraid. Which text are you doing?
Original post by khushboo123

I made a handout covering all mind subjects apart from Eliminative Materialism.
Reply 88
Thnk u for sharing this its really helpful
Original post by Joshb873
I made a handout covering all mind subjects apart from Eliminative Materialism.
Reply 89
Woukd you reference biological naturalism in an EM essay? Mind is a more general section, so i don't know how far you can reference things outside of the question, before you lose marks for losing focus...

I'm not doing political I'm afraid. Which text are you doing?

If you were presenting it as a valid alternative to eliminative materialism over the course of your argument, then yes, you should mention biological naturalism. The point is to develop an argument either supporting or objecting to a position - you will have to refer to other theories in order to give a balanced argument.

You should also note that there will not be an essay on such a focused topic as 'eliminative materialism' without reference to anything else - there never has been in the past. It is much, much more likely that you will be asked to assess reductive physicalism in general, of which eliminative materialism, type physicalism, and analytical behaviourism (at a stretch) could be featured.
Reply 90
watss Berlin view on positive liberty???????
Reply 91
Original post by TSweety
Heyy Guys :smile:

This is a revision thread for the upcoming A2 AQA Philosophy Exam

Unit 3 - Key themes in Philosophy
The sections tht i am studying;
Philosophy of Mind & Political Philosophy

Unit 4 - Philosophical Problems
Section on Plato

Please feel free to share any revision tips, materials, past paper questions etc.. Well.. Let's get together guys and stay motivated..

Gud Luck to everyone :smile:

I am struggling so much with a2 I don't have a clue how to tackle revision and I only have 2 days left. :frown: anyone doing political phil & moral phil for unit3 and Plato for unit 4 and can help?
Original post by TSweety
watss Berlin view on positive liberty???????

That it can be used to justify particularly repressive states so it is dangerous in that sense - however, he doesn't say negative liberty is better, just that it is more consistent with value pluralism
Reply 93
How much do you guys tend to write for a one-hour essay (sides of A4), and how long does it take you?

For me it is about 4 sides of A4 in 50 minutes. I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track here :smile:.
whats everyone expecting to come up on the political essay??
Original post by VannR
How much do you guys tend to write for a one-hour essay (sides of A4), and how long does it take you?

For me it is about 4 sides of A4 in 50 minutes. I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track here :smile:.

In an hour I could do 4-6 pages (+plan) with relatively small handwriting, depending on how much time I spent planning. In a practice essay I did recently, I spent 20 minutes planning, which I think was too long, so I'd aim for 10-15 minutes planning, 45-50 minutes writing
Anyone doing epistemology and metaphysics??
Reply 97
Anyone doing epistemology and metaphysics??

Yep.
Original post by VannR
Yep.

Any predictions?
Reply 99
Any predictions?

I'm generally thinking that it will be a choice between scepticism, and maybe universals and particulars. I wouldn't hold that much stock in that though - I don't actually know after all. I just think that it is unlikely that they will repeat the 'knowledge' essays from last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending