The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Warwick or bath?

Hi, I have offers from warwick and bath for biochemistry and want to firm one. I preferred warwick slightly when I looked around but prefer the course at bath.
If anyone has any advice id greatly appreciate it!
Original post by sdfskdfk
Hi, I have offers from warwick and bath for biochemistry and want to firm one. I preferred warwick slightly when I looked around but prefer the course at bath.
If anyone has any advice id greatly appreciate it!

Hi,

I'm Sam, a second year student at Bath.

Are you considering the biochemistry course with a placement? I would say that this is one of the key differences between Bath and other unis, as it really helps to boost your employability and gain some contacts. It can also be really useful in helping you consider future career paths or work somewhere that you wouldn't think of working again. I know people that are using their placement year to work in New Zealand, America, South America and all over the world so it is a great opportunity!

In terms of Bath as a university, we have recently come top of the student satisfaction charts again, while Warwick is in 17th, so our students clearly enjoy life at Bath! There's been a lot going on at Bath to help the university to grow in the last couple of years, so a lot of the facilities and accommodation are only a couple of years old which means that you get all the latest technology.

Bath is also a really great city to live in. There is loads going on, from sports to arts or history to nightlife, and is also very close to Bristol which offers even more on top of what Bath already has. The Sunday Times actually placed Bath as the best place to live in the UK this year, and that's something that I think all students would agree with!

If you have any other questions feel free to quote me and I'll get back to you!

Sam
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest