willclegg7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Your reactions and thoughts of the exam? Answers to questions...
isabellagrace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found it a lot easier than B2!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
orangeee22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by isabellagrace)
I found it a lot easier than B2!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agree definitely!

I liked how many 1 mark questions there were as well and the 6 marker was good
willclegg7
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=isabellagrace;55699347]I found it a lot easier than B2!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile[What do you think the grade boundaries will be?]
emileepifanoff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definately a lot easier than b2. Unfortunately this will mean higher grade boundaries though...
harryrwx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did everyone put for the egg question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
emileepifanoff
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by harryrwx)
What did everyone put for the egg question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote about it as osmosis. Water diffuses. Along with the sugar (glucose) with the egg uses for respiration therefore growing in mass.
isabellagrace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emileepifanoff)
I wrote about it as osmosis. Water diffuses. Along with the sugar (glucose) with the egg uses for respiration therefore growing in mass.
What was the context of the egg question again? I don't remember it and I definitely answered everything hmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
harryrwx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emileepifanoff)
But if it was absorbing sugar molecules then how can it be osmosis at the same time?
I wrote that the sugar molecules diffused from the high concentration (outside the egg) to the low concentration (inside the egg) which is why it gained mass. The question didn't state if it was in a solution of water or not so I was hesitant to state that it was osmosis. I think I got it wrong anyway...
DustToDust
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It took me ages to figure out it was osmosis. I said that solution A must've been the one with the lowest amount of sugar in it because the water diffuses into the egg via osmosis. This is because water molecules move from a dilute to a more concentrated solution.
Sentinel74
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did you guys do that graph on deaths from heart attacks or something?
RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did everyone put for the question with the bell jar model of the human ventilation system? I was really stuck on why the 'diaphragm' flattening caused the balloons to inflate, I feel like I should know this but I was stumped!
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wait what egg question?! Did I miss a question out?!
DustToDust
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
People doing further additional, opposed to standalone science GCSE's had the egg question instead of the lung question
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DustToDust)
People doing further additional, opposed to standalone science GCSE's had the egg question instead of the lung question
Ooh phew!
lokolika
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Egg?????
haz_918
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RachJess4)
What did everyone put for the question with the bell jar model of the human ventilation system? I was really stuck on why the 'diaphragm' flattening caused the balloons to inflate, I feel like I should know this but I was stumped!
diaphragm flattens>increased volume>decreased pressure>pressure differential>so air is drawn in
willclegg7
Rep:
?
For the 6 mark question, was it about the advantages and disadvantages of artificial heart valves, or advantages and disadvantages comparison of living human heart valves and artificial heart valves? HELP ME OUT!!!
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by haz_918)
diaphragm flattens>increased volume>decreased pressure>pressure differential>so air is drawn in
Phew! I put something about increased volume and decreased pressure, my answer was so poorly explained though :/
anonymousm3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by orangeee22)
Agree definitely!

I liked how many 1 mark questions there were as well and the 6 marker was good
6 marker was so good and it was basically an exam full of 1 and 2 mark questions, luckily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (663)
33.52%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (842)
42.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.5%

Watched Threads