The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Thing is we could have got him we just decided against him because of his dodgy knee.

Was that story just planted to save face though, after we'd missed out on Kroos? I have no doubt that he was our main summer target, but there was never any indication that we'd agreed a deal with Juventus or that they were willing to sell.

The Vidal thread on the Caf was ridiculous. 500 pages!
Original post by sr90
Was that story just planted to save face though, after we'd missed out on Kroos? I have no doubt that he was our main summer target, but there was never any indication that we'd agreed a deal with Juventus or that they were willing to sell.

The Vidal thread on the Caf was ridiculous. 500 pages!

Utd fans get very obsessive over transfer targets I've noticed...The Fabregas saga was unreal as well and the ''Pogba back to Utd'' thing is borderline aspergers
Original post by Zürich
Utd fans get very obsessive over transfer targets I've noticed...The Fabregas saga was unreal as well and the ''Pogba back to Utd'' thing is borderline aspergers

Can you really blame them, given the state of our midfield for so many years?
Arteta to Sociedad and Cazorla to Villarreal doesn't seem to unrealistic this summer
Original post by al_94
Napoli aint getting in the CL so Higuain should be available

I'd rather Martinez over higuain. I mean both are same age but Martinez has better return and has shown he can run in behind and hold up the ball. Higuain seems more of a poacher and like he wouldn't add to the play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Arteta to Sociedad and Cazorla to Villarreal doesn't seem to unrealistic this summer

Can definitely see the former, but Villarreal cant afford Cazorla, who would surely fetch somewhere in the £15m-£20m range. Possibly even more

Santi is a player who will keep going at a decent level until he's 34 anyway and he's only 30 so we'll probably keep him around for quite some time yet.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd rather Dzeko than Martinez
Reply 707
Original post by Numan786
I'd rather Martinez over higuain. I mean both are same age but Martinez has better return and has shown he can run in behind and hold up the ball. Higuain seems more of a poacher and like he wouldn't add to the play.

i think Martinez is a great player but some would argue he's never really played in a top league. He scored 8 goals in 10 games in Europe though so I would say he has proven himself.
Original post by al_94
i think Martinez is a great player but some would argue he's never really played in a top league. He scored 8 goals in 10 games in Europe though so I would say he has proven himself.

Yeah thats true but his CL stats do him a favour. You also have to look at whos available because sticking with Giroud because there is no WC option is stupid if there are better options which could get you closer to the title.
.@Arsenal team to play West Brom: Ospina, Bellerin, Gabriel, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ozil, Alexis, Walcott #AFCvWBA

.@Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud #AFCvWBA
Original post by Peggles_*
.@Arsenal team to play West Brom: Ospina, Bellerin, Gabriel, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ozil, Alexis, Walcott #AFCvWBA

.@Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud #AFCvWBA

Yes Walcott upfront. Finally!
Thought Szcz would have played in preparation for the final next week, Ospina playing today would suggest he'll be starting at Wembley as well.

Still think we shouldn't entirely give up on Szcz, he is a better keeper than Ospina, just needs to get his head out of the gutter and fix up.
love combining players name.:h:

you got Ramzellerin on the right

Monlexis on the left

Coqzorla (personal favourite) pivot

Gizil up top.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 713
Yes Giroud has finally been dropped! Let's see what the roadrunner can do up top and congratulations to Jack on his 100th PL appearance.
No Rosicky tho?! Let the guy have some game time ffs.
Have a feeling this team will really struggle today. Surprised Cazorla is starting again. Also Szczesney should be in goal if he's starting the cup final.
Reply 716
Giroud hasn't scored a goal in 7 games and isn't playing today so if we play bad today I will be worried about the FA Cup final.
He's played 33 games this season, he's fine. His lack of form recently is due to teams sussing him out.

Giroud is a streak player, when teams neglect him he tends to score, when he is being marked by 2-3 players for 90 minutes he doesn't get a look in, but most players don't tbf.

If anything, he's probably mentally fatigued from having to defend himself anytime anyone says anything about his ability. Thierry's comments coincided with the best form of Giroud's life and being told he's not good enough when he has playing at such a high level clearly hurt him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry but this post is complete nonsense. "when teams neglect him he tends to score" wtf does this even mean, that's one of the stupidest thing I've heard.

Best thing about Giroud game it doesn't resolve around goals. His hold up play, link up and pre assists are just as valuable, even when he's not scoring goals he's still a pretty effective target man. I'm sure Henry comments did f-all to Giroud mentally considering this man was abused by Arsenal fans during his first two seasons here. Everybody at Arsenal knows Henry was being highly objective to boost his failing punditry career. He effectively sold his soul to Sky in my eyes, we didn't hear too many criticism of the club pre Sky did we.

It's funny people still target Giroud when Alexis, Santi, Ozil and Ramsey to an extent are all suffering from this overplaying burnout and have all been out of form the last couple of games.
Thought Szcz would have played in preparation for the final next week, Ospina playing today would suggest he'll be starting at Wembley as well.

Still think we shouldn't entirely give up on Szcz, he is a better keeper than Ospina, just needs to get his head out of the gutter and fix up.

Have a feeling Chez will do a Pogba we sell him, he becomes a Worldie of a GK. Then all our fans will be like "AHH Y DID WE SELL CHESNEY" "VENGA DONT KNOW WAT HES DOIN".
First time in a long tiime where I haven't cared that much about our game today

Latest