Scroll to see replies

Words of wisdom.
Original post by Rk2k14
Words of wisdom.

Tone has nipped out to costcutter for some Super Tennants here

George Graham is upstairs on the Scotch with Pat Rice
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
At least our team gives us some hope though right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol rekt.
Yeah I'm just #salty to be honest.

Even though we didn't win the league with Suarez, it was so bloody awesome to watch us play football.
Yeah we didn't get the title we crave but it was so nice to see us have a go.

I don't really expect you to win the league but with the way you're playing, who knows? :tongue:
Luc plz.

Few certain things happen in life.

We all die.
Arsenal crumble.
Zurich posts something controversial.

Matter of when not if.
Reply 9064
Original post by swirly
amazing dribble with no end product

anything new?

Ox's biggest problem is that he's not matured yet as a footballer. He really struggles to make the right decision, and he's quite indecisive so he's either dispossessed or he makes some half hearted pass that's intercepted. At his current trajectory, he'll end up like a Shaun Wright-Phillips.. a "could have been" type winger

Having said that though, he's only turned 22 so he's got a lot of time. We're not really in an immediate need of a RW, and I personally don't see him flourishing centrally. He's got heaps of talent, he really needs to keep his game simple. Tries to be way to creative and ****s it up.. which in his case has leads to goals conceded. He'd really benefit from a solid run of games, and he won't get that with Arsenal because he's not good enough to be a consistent starter for a side that aspires to win the league. He would benefit from a loan spell - would do really well at Everton imo.

@sevchenko, thoughts?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Luc plz.

Few certain things happen in life.

We all die.
Arsenal crumble.
Zurich posts something controversial.

Matter of when not if.

Can just imagine them bottling it against Chelsea and Palace towards the end of the season when they're clear at the top of the table.

Oh wait...
I don't see us crumbling personally, quote me on it. We have too much depth now imo, sure we're a touch short in some areas but it's completely different to a few seasons ago where 1 injury would wipe us out.

Not saying we'll win the league, but 85 points is the bare minimum. That being said, we took 22 points from the same corresponding fixtures last season so there is still a VERY long way to go before we can say we're able to say we're favourites or anything near favourites.
Original post by leinad2012
I don't see us crumbling personally, quote me on it. We have too much depth now imo, sure we're a touch short in some areas but it's completely different to a few seasons ago where 1 injury would wipe us out.

Not saying we'll win the league, but 85 points is the bare minimum. That being said, we took 22 points from the same corresponding fixtures last season so there is still a VERY long way to go before we can say we're able to say we're favourites or anything near favourites.

Predicting 85 points at this stage is quite far fetched although I think you're right, the squad is the best we've had since the invincibles and one or two injuries wouldn't completely derail our season as it would have 2/3 years ago.

Man City are favourites, then us then United IMO. Have a feeling the derby tomorrow will have a big impact for one of those clubs, and I'm not sure who I want to win.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Ox's biggest problem is that he's not matured yet as a footballer. He really struggles to make the right decision, and he's quite indecisive so he's either dispossessed or he makes some half hearted pass that's intercepted. At his current trajectory, he'll end up like a Shaun Wright-Phillips.. a "could have been" type winger

Having said that though, he's only turned 22 so he's got a lot of time. We're not really in an immediate need of a RW, and I personally don't see him flourishing centrally. He's got heaps of talent, he really needs to keep his game simple. Tries to be way to creative and ****s it up.. which in his case has lead to goals conceded. He'd really benefit from a solid run of games, and he won't get that with Arsenal because he's not good enough to be a consistent starter for a side that aspires to win the league. He would benefit from a loan spell - would do really well at Everton imo.

@sevchenko, thoughts?

Doubt Wenger would loan him out tbh but I agree I'd be in favour of a loan spell. I wonder if Wenger is still clinging to the idea that Ox could make it as a CM.

We're going for the title so we really can't afford stragglers who aren't contributing atm. I said it before: I'm not sure why Campbell isn't even getting a look in currently he's definitely alot more intelligent than Ox imho.

I think Welbeck is a big miss for us currently, he's a very competent player
(edited 8 years ago)
If Cech and/or Sanchez got injured you'd fall to pieces.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
@sr90 Thoughts on Ozil?

Playing well against irrelevant mid table teams is his speciality.

Still, I suppose it's better than Hazard and Fabregas, who are the definition of fraud. Especially Cesc.

Original post by AliRizzo
Man City are favourites, then us then United IMO. Have a feeling the derby tomorrow will have a big impact for one of those clubs, and I'm not sure who I want to win.

I wanted to quote this and laugh but then I realised how utterly terrible the other 17 sides in the league are. We won't win it as a long term injury to De Gea, Smalling, Schneiderlin or Martial would end our season, and i'd rather see Arsenal do it than City.

4th is completely up for grabs this year. Anyone's guess who gets it.
(edited 8 years ago)

Petr is dat guy

Classy bloke, about time he came over.
This team has a lot to improve we have poor decision making we scored 2 headers and without Petr making that save we would have drew that at the end
Reply 9073
Original post by sevchenko
Doubt Wenger would loan him out tbh but I agree I'd be in favour of a loan spell. I wonder if Wenger is still clinging to the idea that Ox could make it as a CM.

We're going for the title so we really can't afford stragglers who aren't contributing atm. I said it before: I'm not sure why Campbell isn't even getting a look in currently he's definitely alot more intelligent than Ox imho.

I think Welbeck is a big miss for us currently, he's a very competent player

I hope he isn't - Ox really isn't a central player imo. Do you remember the game vs Southampton in.. I think 2012? We won 6-1 at home, and the Ox played on the left. He was ruthless and destroyed them a lot of times. It feels like he puts to much pressure on himself, he thinks not scoring/assisting every game is ruining it for him so he's firing blanks and trying way too hard in the final third. He needs to keep his game simple for now.

Yeah Welbeck would really improve the right side of our team - miss his work ethic
Reply 9074
Annoyed that Gnabry isn't improving like I hoped he would.. he's not even starting games for West Brom is he? His injury really came at a poor time in his career
Original post by alex5134
If Cech and/or Sanchez got injured you'd fall to pieces.

(srs question) Have you ever given thought to how Klopp's tactics will ultimately lead to to decimation of your squad through injuries? I'd like to see how enthusiastically Liverpool players are pressing after the Christmas period tbh.
Original post by SA-1
Annoyed that Gnabry isn't improving like I hoped he would.. he's not even starting games for West Brom is he? His injury really came at a poor time in his career

"Get Lupoli on"
"Where's owusu-abeyie?"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9077
Original post by Zürich
"Get Lupoli on"

Beasted it for the reserved, was similarly gassed on him :lol:

I don't think I remember him starting a game for the seniors though? Or did he?
Original post by SA-1
Beasted it for the reserved, was similarly gassed on him :lol:

I don't think I remember him starting a game for the seniors though? Or did he?

would be lying if I said anything about him! dont think Ive seen him play

But the reality is that 90% of these kids will end up at Brentford, Ulche and Trievo.

Were not Chelsea, we give youth a good wack at it before the heave-hoe. Bellerin etc in a good place
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest