The Student Room Group

NOV 2006 Results

Scroll to see replies

I am nervous, but then again I can't do anything now.

I have budgeted for 3 x 7 (German HL, Economics HL, Maths SL), 2 x 6 (Biology SL - although these were really fantastic exams & Music SL) and 1 x 5 (English HL :frown: ). Who knows what the deal is with bonus points?! 2 would be good, but 3 would be even better. I need over 41 to get into my course. Here's hoping!
I've only taken one subject, and I hope i get a 7 in it! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Good luck to all of you...i remember this moment...i was so nervous that it took me 10 minutes to type the code and access the page with my score since my fingers were shaking VERY much. Eventually when i managed to open the site i did not scroll all the way (wasnt very rational at the moment), and i sat there and tried to calculate my total score but wasnt able to. Add to this that i was on my vacation and had a number of unknown people sitting around me wondering why i was going mad. In all this madness i got hold in one of the guys standing next to me and asked him if he could calculate my score...well, when he did that i rushed to the phone, called my parents, friends etc, and ran out and SCREAMED OUT LOUD out of joy! Oh happy day...:smile:
Reply 23
Hey peoples,
My school and the IB coordinator as well are still in holidays until to Monday, but the results can be seen tomorrow!
I forget to ask them the PIN code for the NOV 2006 results (retake).
Is the PIN the same as in May section?
Thanks
Reply 24
Isnt the results comming on the 6th?? thats what our skul told us??
Reply 25
ur IBC gets them a day earlier:smile:
Reply 26
gandeshmapresh
I am nervous, but then again I can't do anything now.

I have budgeted for 3 x 7 (German HL, Economics HL, Maths SL), 2 x 6 (Biology SL - although these were really fantastic exams & Music SL) and 1 x 5 (English HL :frown: ). Who knows what the deal is with bonus points?! 2 would be good, but 3 would be even better. I need over 41 to get into my course. Here's hoping!

ooh hey. what was the question for Bartok in the music paper?
saray
Good luck to all of you...i remember this moment...i was so nervous that it took me 10 minutes to type the code and access the page with my score since my fingers were shaking VERY much. Eventually when i managed to open the site i did not scroll all the way (wasnt very rational at the moment), and i sat there and tried to calculate my total score but wasnt able to. Add to this that i was on my vacation and had a number of unknown people sitting around me wondering why i was going mad. In all this madness i got hold in one of the guys standing next to me and asked him if he could calculate my score...well, when he did that i rushed to the phone, called my parents, friends etc, and ran out and SCREAMED OUT LOUD out of joy! Oh happy day...:smile:

did you realise eventually that the total was at the bottom of the page, you just had to look and didnt have to calculate yourself??
wooo...i only needed a 35 to get into my course so though i was somewhat worried, i wasnt distressed though i kept having dreams about it which sorta freaked me out. hmm...but i know most people needed a 40+ to get into their courses.
hey! so what did you end getting?
Reply 30
HMSChocolate
did you realise eventually that the total was at the bottom of the page, you just had to look and didnt have to calculate yourself??

Well, i did, but it was first afterwards. When the guy had helped me calculate...:redface:
Reply 31
Just got my result for Anticipated History - it's a 6. I'm taking it again at HL this year though so it doesn't count for anything. Ah well, just thought I'd share the news. :smile:
Reply 32
CONGRATS:smile: good grades are allways welcome whther they count or not. And bad grades are welcome as well:p: you know to sympathise with...
Rather dissappointing.

I got a 40, flame me to hell if you want to for complaining, but I got a predicted 44 and... this simply doesn't compare.

English A2 HL - 6
Spanish A1 SL - 6
Math HL - 6
Geography SL - 6
Physics HL - 6
Chemistry HL - 7
TOK - A
EE - A
Total: 40

Physics is BY FAR the greatest dissappointment. I'd go as far as saying with a 41, 7 in Physics, I'd be happy and without complaint. But I just cannot accept that I got a 6 in it. It was my ONLY safety 7, not to mention the core of my Diploma.

No one in my class got a 7 either. Nor did any people as far as I know on other British Schools in my country. What the hell happened with this exam?
Anyone did any better? Any insights?

I'm wondering if perhaps they finally raised the boundary. The exam wasn't exceedingly tough, 'cept for it being coupled with Math HL that very same day. Oh well, not much I can do about it now.
Reply 34
I'm sorry radical :hugs: can I see a bright side? please :smile: you got an A in TOK... which clearly shows ur a TOK genius :smile: those kinds are higly respected from yours truely:smile:

(yes Saray you are higly respected as well)
and I hope you get into the uni you wanted to with those grades:redface:
Reply 35
hehe, thank you Lc :smile: ... i respect you too, no matter the grades (which we dont know yet, of course) :smile:

To radical: well, you can always ask for a remark ... if you feel 100% sure that you did better than you scored, go for it id say
zero radical
Rather dissappointing.

I got a 40, flame me to hell if you want to for complaining, but I got a predicted 44 and... this simply doesn't compare.

Predited of 44?! Wow thats incredible.. im writing my mock exams on monday, and my aimings (being realistic) are:
Chem HL: 7
English A2 HL: 6
German A1 SL: 6
Maths SL: 6-7
Physics SL: i am aiming for a 6, but ill probs get a 4 :frown:
History HL: 7
Now ee i got predicted A
ToK dont know yet..

But honestly i understand ur dissappointment when getting a 44 predicted and then getting 40, but ull get into any uni anyway, so be happy :biggrin:
Well I am disappointed. Very disappointed. 39. I was sure I would AT least get 40!

ENGLISH A1 HL 5

GERMAN B EE A

GERMAN B HL 7

ECONOMICS HL in ENGLISH 7

BIOLOGY SL in ENGLISH 6

MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 6

MUSIC COMP. SL in ENGLISH 6

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH C :eek:

I was told by my teachers at the time of submitting my essay that it was of a very good standard. That's why I am considering applying for a remark in TOK. Just that one pesky extra point could mean the difference between me getting in and not getting in! I am also slightly disappointed in Maths - I will be interested to see the grade boundaries.
TOK is a subject where marking is VERY subjective. highly depends on which examiner you get.

zero radical
I'd be happy and without complaint. But I just cannot accept that I got a 6 in it. It was my ONLY safety 7,

My feelings exactly about my History grade.
Reply 39
Ask for a remark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending