The Student Room Group

Confused!

So my boyfriend and I (ex boyfriend) split up...he didn't feel the same 'love he had done'
To me, this really hurt and i cant let him just leave my life. He wants to be close friends..so I'm sill meeting up with him and cuddling and kissing but it's all behind closed doors
I don't even mind about that, it's just I don't want to feel used. He said he wil see how we go? What is that supposed to mean?
Has anyone experienced the same thing? I love him too muh to just let him go..I constantly ask if he still has feeling etc. And he says yes. Should I just keep playing his close friend 'till I'm sure we have not got another chance? :erm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
This happened to me with my first proper boyfriend. We were together for a year and a half, then he broke up with me and we started seeing eachother again, which went on for about 6 months of him saying he still loved me but didn't want to be in a relationship. He then out of the blue said he couldn't see me any more and then a co-worker saw him with another girl. I confronted him and he admitted he'd been seeing her for the past three months.

Don't do it, cut it off now. It made everything so much worse that it was dragged out. If he wants to be with you and you end things now, he will tell you that he wants to be with you. If not, no loss, it would have happened anyway and would have been 10x worse. It'll be horrible but it will be worth it in the long run. If you feel used now, imagine how you'll feel three/six/twelve months down the line.

Find someone who actually wants to be with you, not just behind closed doors.
Reply 2
Original post by hannahhaworth
This happened to me with my first proper boyfriend. We were together for a year and a half, then he broke up with me and we started seeing eachother again, which went on for about 6 months of him saying he still loved me but didn't want to be in a relationship. He then out of the blue said he couldn't see me any more and then a co-worker saw him with another girl. I confronted him and he admitted he'd been seeing her for the past three months.

Don't do it, cut it off now. It made everything so much worse that it was dragged out. If he wants to be with you and you end things now, he will tell you that he wants to be with you. If not, no loss, it would have happened anyway and would have been 10x worse. It'll be horrible but it will be worth it in the long run. If you feel used now, imagine how you'll feel three/six/twelve months down the line.

Find someone who actually wants to be with you, not just behind closed doors.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to yo!
He doesn't seem like a guy that would do that though.. I guess we dont know everyone as we thought.
Im meeting him today, should I confront him with..something on the lines of..relationship or I'm leaving...ect..
It's really hard, I don't want to just leav.
Another question, it must have been hard for you to jus, stop talking to him? I don't know how too...we talk all the time time :frown:
Original post by Ashz
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to yo!
He doesn't seem like a guy that would do that though.. I guess we dont know everyone as we thought.
Im meeting him today, should I confront him with..something on the lines of..relationship or I'm leaving...ect..
It's really hard, I don't want to just leav.
Another question, it must have been hard for you to jus, stop talking to him? I don't know how too...we talk all the time time :frown:

Yeah this guy was also a 'nice guy' - in my experience they do things like this because in their stupid heads they're doing you a favour by letting you continue seeing them.

I wouldn't even go in with an ultimatum as it makes it clear that you do still want to be with him, which (although I may be wrong about him) he could then use to further manipulate him.

Obviously I don't know him, or you, and I can't tell you what to do, but I would seriously, seriously recommend just saying something along the lines of 'I can't continue seeing you in this capacity because I need to move on' - keep it short.

I know it's hard imagining not seeing him or speaking to him any more but it's so so much better to do it now, rather than letting it go on like this, because at least then you can meet other people and forget about him now rather than having to do it later when he decides to drop you again. Don't let it be on his terms.
you need to make him miss you. Why would he want to be with you when he can have the perks of a relationship - closeness, cuddling etc without the responsibility - loyalty? He doesn't need to make a decision because you're not making him.

Your time is worth more than him "not knowing but to see how we go".

With my ex, I used to hang out with him, but no cuddling, no kissing, and when he asked why, I just said to him "sorry, I only do that with my bf" . He'll get the hint.
Reply 5
Original post by hannahhaworth
Yeah this guy was also a 'nice guy' - in my experience they do things like this because in their stupid heads they're doing you a favour by letting you continue seeing them.

I wouldn't even go in with an ultimatum as it makes it clear that you do still want to be with him, which (although I may be wrong about him) he could then use to further manipulate him.

Obviously I don't know him, or you, and I can't tell you what to do, but I would seriously, seriously recommend just saying something along the lines of 'I can't continue seeing you in this capacity because I need to move on' - keep it short.

I know it's hard imagining not seeing him or speaking to him any more but it's so so much better to do it now, rather than letting it go on like this, because at least then you can meet other people and forget about him now rather than having to do it later when he decides to drop you again. Don't let it be on his terms.

I know, I will do that later this after noon, telling him I want to move on will be so hard.
:frown: I will tell you how it goes
Thank you for your advice
Reply 6
Original post by stargirl63
you need to make him miss you. Why would he want to be with you when he can have the perks of a relationship - closeness, cuddling etc without the responsibility - loyalty? He doesn't need to make a decision because you're not making him.

Your time is worth more than him "not knowing but to see how we go".

With my ex, I used to hang out with him, but no cuddling, no kissing, and when he asked why, I just said to him "sorry, I only do that with my bf" . He'll get the hint.

Thank you! And good on you for saying that to him:smile: will talk to him later today
Original post by Ashz
I know, I will do that later this after noon, telling him I want to move on will be so hard.
:frown: I will tell you how it goes
Thank you for your advice

Good luck, be strong!

Message me if you like x
Reply 8
If he said he didn't love you anymore why are you cuddling and kissing him behind closed doors? That type of clingy behaviour disgusts me.
You need to end it. He said 'he doesn't love you like he had done', meaning he doesn't want a relationship with you, but he probably just feels guilty for breaking up with you which is why he is still being intimate.
Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't love you as much anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
he's using you... dump the ass...bluntly, you seem a bit desperate
Reply 11
Quite frankly I never posted on here to get called desperate and told that you hate these kind of chicks. I have came to realise what I had to do ccxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashz
Quite frankly I never posted on here to get called desperate and told that you hate these kind of chicks. I have came to realise what I had to do ccxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

People on here often forget that there's an actual person at the end of the thread.

Did you see him? What happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending